2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an 8th gen with HID lights and they were excellent. When I changed to a 9th gen I didn't think to check the lights on the test drive and the halogens are really awful.

3 years on and I'm thinking about a 10th gen but I'm reading the same about the 10th gen halogens, but are the LED headlights, e.g. like on the sport, any good?

·
Registered
68 Posts
To me they are, but never previously had LEDs so my comparison is purely against Halogens.
Give a wide bright beam path.

Somewhat disappointed with the LED fogs though. Expecting better width beam. (I know they should only be used for weather conditions, but like to use on dark unlit lanes, which my 8G fogs were far better for.)
Did wonder were they actually on/LEDs.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I was same when switching to 9g
ive wound my headlights up a fair bit and they are much better
never had a single ****** flashing because there too high
unlike with the standard hids on the 8g
when I first got 9g I though t god these lights are dangerous they were that bad on dark country roads which we have a lot off in the part of cumbria I live

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
when I first got 9g I thought god these lights are dangerous they were that bad on dark country roads
Exactly what I thought when I got my 9G. Thankfully, I find the LEDs on the 10g much better, especially on full beam.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad it's not just me. The halogens are pretty awful but good to hear the LED ones on the 10G are better.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
LEDs are excellent, really bright & crisp. I had a Jazz with halogens as a loan car & it was like driving by candle light!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I drive for a living and have noticed a lot of LED equipped cars are, when coming towards you, from front or rear. Shall we say, dazzling twits with an A....
I am very impressed with the LED's on my Civic. They give a great view of the road ahead, without blinding anybody. As of today, nobody has flashed me and when following my pal, he says the lights don't cause him any offence. So well done Honda on getting it right.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I've recently had some work done on my Prestige.
I was lent a 'loaner' - perfectly decent, but lower specification with 'normal headlamps' - the difference is remarkable.

The LED headlamps are MUCH BRIGHTER ....

Al.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I've now traded in the 9th gen for a 10th gen Sport with the LED headlights and they are way better. I can see where I'm going again :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts