2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Just realising how vague my post was, meant LED Bulbs, H7 for the Dipped beam. and maybe full beam and Fogs too. not complete headlight units.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I have put led bulbs in for the sidelights. I bought them from halfords.They looked really long but fitted in no probs and they are still working now, it is wierd with all the front lights on because they are white and my main lights are still yellow. The trouble with leds is heat and voltage so you cant just slap them in the headlight clusters as they are. If memory serves after 2009 they fitted led headlights to the type r as a standard. I remember reading a few threads where people have retro fitted the 2009+ headlight clusters to the older models. I think for me im gonna try some normal bulbs that are brighter and shine white next for my main lights so it all looks the same.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys,

Hadn't seen that thread, basically has all the answers Im looking for. Trying to go down the LED Bulbs with a Fan so checking if others had fitted them before.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Thanks Guys,

Hadn't seen that thread, basically has all the answers Im looking for. Trying to go down the LED Bulbs with a Fan so checking if others had fitted them before.
As you will see on that thread, I've had good success with the novsight bulbs. There should be a link on the thread.

There is a good seller on amazon for heat sink only bulbs which I used for my fog lights, if the 8G takes H11 they might work for you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As you will see on that thread, I've had good success with the novsight bulbs. There should be a link on the thread.

There is a good seller on amazon for heat sink only bulbs which I used for my fog lights, if the 8G takes H11 they might work for you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yeah was having a look there, thinking of ordering this weekend. try the H7's first see how they fare and then maybe onto H1's for the Main beam and H11's for the Fog's if they all Fit:grin2:

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Ive done a full LED swap (not a fn2) but near enough same car hah - with the exception of indicators and brakes....H7 and H1 hell of a difference and have had both fan and non fan LED kits,

One recommendation try buy the led kit closest resembling the set up of a halogen, found they produce the least scatter

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive done a full LED swap (not a fn2) but near enough same car hah - with the exception of indicators and brakes....H7 and H1 hell of a difference and have had both fan and non fan LED kits,

One recommendation try buy the led kit closest resembling the set up of a halogen, found they produce the least scatter

Thanks! Helps a lot! How did you find fitting the H1’s? Much room? And would you recommend fan or non fan? Have you had any problems with either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
The H1's were probably the most difficult but still easy, toward the alternator side was a breeze, battery side was a little trickier but loosened the battery strap and just held the battery out of the way for a few minutes whilst fitting made it loads easier

As for fan vs no fan, to be honest ive no idea? I guess with a fan they are cooled more efficiently ? But i guess fanless has less components to go wrong ?

The h1s i have use a fan set up, i dont particularly use then that often due to the h7s being bright enough even on dark roads, mainly use them for flash purpose as i hated the halogen yellow whilst flashing,

The h7s i use use a big metal mesh type cooling system and havnt had a problem touch wood

Reactions: chrisbryans

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The H1's were probably the most difficult but still easy, toward the alternator side was a breeze, battery side was a little trickier but loosened the battery strap and just held the battery out of the way for a few minutes whilst fitting made it loads easier

As for fan vs no fan, to be honest ive no idea? I guess with a fan they are cooled more efficiently ? But i guess fanless has less components to go wrong ?

The h1s i have use a fan set up, i dont particularly use then that often due to the h7s being bright enough even on dark roads, mainly use them for flash purpose as i hated the halogen yellow whilst flashing,

The h7s i use use a big metal mesh type cooling system and havnt had a problem touch wood

Great, thanks very much! Good to hear your experience. Hopefully get them ordered this week! Even the H7’s for a start! Should be easy enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
If you need any help or tips drop me a pm

Reactions: chrisbryans

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got side led lights, I like them!
Also ordered h7 leds. Actually on Osram cool blue bulbs. Will fit them on thursday! :)
Can post few pics how they compare...

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally After a few weeks of waiting and a couple of lost parcels, the new LED headlights arrived. Fitted them last night. real easy fit and very bright.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Finally After a few weeks of waiting and a couple of lost parcels, the new LED headlights arrived. Fitted them last night. real easy fit and very bright.
Hi, which make did you go for?

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi, which make did you go for?

Cheers
Dave
Went for the Nighteye 72w H7's with fans. they fit nicely with enough room to spare. 9000lm gives a lovely amount of light but not a stupid amount to blind oncoming cars

Does the light project nicely with a distinct cut off?
yes, get a good distance with these as dipped beam, haven't had a chance to look at the cutoff properly yet.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I put some videos and pictures in another thread on here..

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/lights/393218-headlight-bulb-opinions.html

Short version: I removed the LED's and reverted to Halogen (Osram Night Breaker Laser).
Cheers, I see you went for Novisight LED which is different to what Chris has installed and to what I have in our FRV. Is it LED in general you're not impressed with or do you think it could be down to make?
As I've said above, I find High beam not the best but I'm OK with the dipped beam. Wondering if it's an LED V's Halogen thing? Possible 360 deg glass on halogen using full use of reflector V's chips opposite sides on the Body with LED just pushing light out sideways?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts