2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, fellow Civic drivers. I’ve been experimenting with different LED lighting units/bulbs for my 8th gen Civic and always been pretty happy with how much more upmarket the interior looks due to their white lighting, especially at night. However, every single one of the the multiple, rather cheap ones I got from China have started to go bad after a while: they started to flicker after a couple of months to years, and I was forced to buy new ones. Is that because of cheap LED units or because there are voltage peaks within the car’s electric system? I’ve heard that has been an issue with some models, and that some people got voltage peak killers installed in their Civics.

Is that something I should look into, or will higher quality, more expensive LEDs last a lot longer without going bad?

Cheers and best regards.

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Agreed. I've had LED replacement bulbs start to flicker and eventually fail and they were always cheap Chinese eBay specials. Better quality ones I've yet to have any issues with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Buy cheap, buy twice ( or three times or more).
I have only had a couple of bulbs blow in over 2 years and they were the cheaper ones

Not sure if they will post to Austria but these are good quality Car & Motorcycle LEDs | Xenon Bulbs | HID Conversion Kits | CREE LEDs
Also these will fit any 8G Civic Civic 05-15 FN2 Type R Full LED Interior Light Kit - Bright White Xenon 7107717796349 | eBay
Gonna check them out. Been looking at those replacement LED's from superbright and 4Wheelonline which seems good ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts