2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Civic 1.5T CVT 4d Rallye red
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need more light. We have a long and dark months ahead in Finland.

I have 10G Civic sedan with halogen headlights. Is it safe to take relay control directly from the headlight + wire? I measured +12VDC from green wire behind the bulb connector. Is this so easy? Does the relay have to have a diode?

Use to be Honda had ground controlled headlights. It required a different connection.

Share your led bar pictures if you have any.

·
i-Dtec
6,302 Posts
Why not just switch the headlight bulbs to LED? The Gen10 has Elliptical Headlight Lens which means you get a proper cut off with no glare. I did both headlight and main beam 3 weeks ago. Instant improvement and literally takes 2 minutes to swap the bulbs as they are H11(headlight) HB3(Main Beam) and just twist out. I bought a 60watt (30/30) but think I might go for these 90watt(45/45) for a bit more light.

·
Registered
Civic 1.5T CVT 4d Rallye red
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Led bulbs crossed my mind. In my understanding led bulbs are not approved for road use, at least not yet. It is not a deal breaker, but I am not sure are they good enough. I believe that I will install both, led bulbs and led bar.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Led bulbs crossed my mind. In my understanding led bulbs are not approved for road use, at least not yet. It is not a deal breaker, but I am not sure are they good enough. I believe that I will install both, led bulbs and led bar.
Some of the civic models come with led as standard. As long as housing is suitable and lights aere checked for alignment and pattern they should be ok. However here in Ireland of you fit leds that aren't factory fitted they will fail on NCT (mot).

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts