2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
i think would look good , you could mount them in the inside part of the handle
+1

I think it would look good.

Getting the wiring into the door from the cabin would be easy enough.

Getting the wiring from the inside of the door to the door handle though may be a little tricky.

As barrych said, I think drilling would be involved.

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
It would be easier to drill the escutcheon behind the handle and mount the LED there

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
+1

I think it would look good.

Getting the wiring into the door from the cabin would be easy enough.

Getting the wiring from the inside of the door to the door handle though may be a little tricky.

As barrych said, I think drilling would be involved.
If you could get a decent machine shop to hollow out the bolts, it could be a goer

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
would look slick I would love to see the finished result, watching with real interest :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Guys thanks for in put, a subtle white led would look good without drilling im thinking self adhesive white led strip to sit on the inside of the external handle wire hidden.

Does anyone have a guide to removal of door handles

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,190 Posts
Led's under the door card, so you can see when you get out, work brilliantly and Led's in the mirrors so they light the path to your car when you unlock.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
When I had my TT there was a guy on the forums that did this mod, I think he drilled a small hole for the led then wired it into the door light! Will try and find a link :)
That would be me! :D

Still doing that mod for customers over on that forum but never got around to it on my wife's Civic before we traded it in last year. Just in the process of looking for another EX for my parents now though.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
I would love to put LEDs all over my car and have homing lights. After the stuff I've done on my car, think that may be taking it a little out of my league, though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.