2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone got any recommendation as to which LEDs are good for the license plate bulbs (I'm looking for perhaps a warm white colour)? Also, has anyone tried any LED bulbs for the front/rear turn indicators? Any good?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Hi,

Most white LED will look good for the number plates. But more LEd's the brighter it will be. For the number plate, they are 501's like the ones which are used in the side lights.

Theres a Civinfo trader on here Mr JP, who supplies all LED's for whichever you may want to replace with LED's. Take a look at the for sale threads in the trader section.

Or you can buy your own.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
bristol.dan has a shed load he was telling me at last bristol meet, ask him for photo's look great

Reactions: leoscar

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks abs-civic, I've contacted Mr JP on his thread and just waiting for his reply. Appreciate your help!

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
I personally can't see the point with "warm white" LED's - you can get that effect with the standard bulbs. If its for the power savings, it's negligable.

I have 1 watt single SMD LED's for my licence plate and side lights, 4 for under £3 from fleabay.

Indicators are not a straight out swap and would more than likely require 50w load ballasts, to prevent hyperflash/diag. errors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.