2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After reading some threads it got me thinking, since LED lights weren't standard on the Civic (in sidelights and number plate lights), would this class as a modification and need to be declared?

Thanks!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I would think so, as you have to declare anything that changes the performance or styling of the car. Whether people do or not...... :worms:

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Just had my MOT at honda. It passed with Aqib's LED'. For insurance purposes i can't imagine this would effect things but then again most insurer's will prefer not to pay out if they can.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
When I had LED sidelights my MOT guy took one out and put it in the glovebox and replaced it with a standard bulb - to "comply".

*shrug*

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
When I had LED sidelights my MOT guy took one out and put it in the glovebox and replaced it with a standard bulb - to "comply".

*shrug*
Sometimes they do so on the grounds of colour. Lights are supposed to be below 4500K. Some test stations can measure the colour temperature. Most don't bother or turn a blind eye provided there's nothing wrong otherwise.

Pedantic though.

My MOT tester did that to me for the 1st time last year, garage I'd been going to for years - they failed me and told me I'd have to change the LED's out and come back for a free retest. I told them I wasn't happy about it but they insisted.

Anyway they paid the price, I didn't go back this year despite a series of letters trying to get my business. I even got my MOT cheaper at Honda no less with no failures!

So who paid the price?

As for your insurance company its highly unlikely they would deny a claim for LED sidelights! I actually declared aftermarket HID's on my previous car even though technically they weren't legal. They weren't bothered and added them onto my policy notes and said I was still covered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts