2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
If it folds partially it could be the mirror "SOD" which is replaceable at £32.62. I has both of my mirrors develop the partial folding issue and they both required this part replacing.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
If it folds partially it could be the mirror "SOD" which is replaceable at £32.62. I has both of my mirrors develop the partial folding issue and they both required this part replacing.
+1

Sounds like the shut off device. Unfortunately it's quite a common problem.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Afaik shut off device has an "self recovery fuse" so it may be enough to replace that.
Some manuall skills are strongly needed.
As I remember this part might be not fully covered in plastic cube (earlier I saw it in a photo partly outside) Removing its "head" you can solder up new part's legs to the old one's.

A mate of mine replaced it with:
300 mA 60V MF-R030 MULTIFUSE D=7.4mm (BOU) RoHS

Prise was only 0.2 EUR!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The SOD (thanks to mpn_daedalus as I'd forgotten what that stood for!) is available from your Honda dealer and is fittable in about 5 minutes flat. Just ask them to order one in for you, part number is 76209-SMG-E01.

Use a screwdriver to pop out the mirror and then behind it you'll see the clips which hold in the plastic cover. Whilst pulling the cover away just prise the clips and it'll pop off, then you'll see the SOD which can be replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.