2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

60 Plate ES went in for bad knocking noise from rear when setting off in morning and was fixed via a bulletin which they knew about for the rear shock.
Anyway, now I have what can only be described as a noise three or four mice would make coming from the front left area of the car when I am turning left only. Even a slight turn of the wheel towards the left results in the squeaking.
It seems intermittent but usually happens after 10 mins of driving.
Any ideas ?
cheers

Chris

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Hi does it happen when stationary or only on the move? if on the move it could be the brake disk slightly rubbing the backplate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Its only on the move but it happens with even the slightest of movements of the steering wheel to the left, it gets worse when turning left fully and even worse when turning left on a bumpy road.

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello there,
just seen this post as im trying to reaserch a similar problem. Im getting a kind of cherping squeaking noise from the front right. did you find the cause of your problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have this intermittant noise when on full left lock. When stationary, I turned wheel to full left lock and back again. I noticed (when looking at passemger window) that the car actaully lifts up on it's suspension on full lock, and obviously drops when wheel is turned back. I wondered if it is a dry suspension bush or rubber seal etc. ??

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I had an Accord before my Civic, at a stage of its existance it used to make an awful noise when turning the steering wheel, a sort of metalic echo, I traced it to the ball joint on the rack end of the steering tie rod, I guess it was the steel ball articulating in some sort of plastic cup that had dried out, the noise then being amplified by the disc sheild. To solve the problem I GENTLY pressed and massaged the rack gaiter against the joint to try to get some lubricant into the area, it took a few goes but I got it eventually.
My Civic also has a chirrup/squeak coming from the front when going over bumps, I have sprayed some white PTFE grease into the door latch which has reduced the noise but not eliminated it completley, I also tightened the latch to door securing screws.
Hope this is of interest

James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts