2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I appreciate this is quite a specific request so not many of you may know how to do this.

I'm interested in seeing strim levels over say a 20-30 min drive. A datalog of all the rev range over 20-30mims would be good, if your not comfortable posting datalogs for obvious reasons a print screen of strim vs rev speed graph would be good. Please apply no filter to the graph for open and closed loop, also if you could tick the mean option on the graph that would be great.

My map is unfinished but as soon as it is I will post my strim levels for all to see.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Not sure it will tell you much Ash is it can change according to so many variables even daily let alone condition of the intake filter

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure it will tell you much Ash is it can change according to so many variables even daily let alone condition of the intake filter
Yeah I appreciate that. Just that my cars strim levels has received critism lately so I wanted to see other FN2's strim to see how much it deviates from 0. I suspect most other mapped FN2s will have the same deviation from zero as mine and it will be fine.

Also I am interested to see who runs open loop at WOT, which will be seen from strim at high rpm.

I asked in the other thread about my strim but didnt get an answer, admittedly in the other thread the question is off topic.

I find all this sort of stuff really interesting, wish I knew more :-(

Bet you have no trouble getting up for work every day with your job!

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I have noticed that you can toil for hours getting perfect trims then you check again a few weeks later and they are all over the place! :facepalm: Not massively you know 4-5% or so but they do move about and the enviromental conditions and intake temps have massive effect on them.

Reality is the car runs no differently if they are +/-10% or 0% but you will certainly notice them if they are as much as 20% which I have seen a few come in like that. Generally its cars with CAI kits on though.

The other thing I have been seeing and bear this in mind when evaluating what you might see you ideally need to run full closed loop right upto WOT values to get all the trims correct as a starting point. If you do that you will see pretty much a straight line from 2-4V
What then happens is you go WOT which tends to be from around 3.5V so you adjust the trim table to acheive your required AFR. Problem then is you will possibly see the trims going quite a way out around that point when you are back in closed loop part throttle. Its not an issue just its going to look odd. You cant adjust your trim back to get the resultant as colse to "0" again as it will throw the AFR's when you go WOT again.

This is the problem with MAF tuning. Its good but not perfect. For best results you would tune MAP but the resultant curves and drivability would still be exactly the same as your settings are the same with regard cam angles, ignition etc. Fuelling would change ever so slightly as MAP is more accurate but the difference wouldnt/shouldnt be enough to really make any difference.

Hope that sort of makes sense.;)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Yeah I appreciate that. Just that my cars strim levels has received critism lately so I wanted to see other FN2's strim to see how much it deviates from 0. I suspect most other mapped FN2s will have the same deviation from zero as mine and it will be fine.

Also I am interested to see who runs open loop at WOT, which will be seen from strim at high rpm.

I asked in the other thread about my strim but didnt get an answer, admittedly in the other thread the question is off topic.

I find all this sort of stuff really interesting, wish I knew more :-(

Bet you have no trouble getting up for work every day with your job!
are you running map or maf cal?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
it shows what is the % of fuel the ecu have to take or add to make a 14.7Air fuel ratio.

if it close to 0% then you have a good tune as the ecu is "working" less

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have noticed that you can toil for hours getting perfect trims then you check again a few weeks later and they are all over the place! :facepalm: Not massively you know 4-5% or so but they do move about and the enviromental conditions and intake temps have massive effect on them.

Reality is the car runs no differently if they are +/-10% or 0% but you will certainly notice them if they are as much as 20% which I have seen a few come in like that. Generally its cars with CAI kits on though.

The other thing I have been seeing and bear this in mind when evaluating what you might see you ideally need to run full closed loop right upto WOT values to get all the trims correct as a starting point. If you do that you will see pretty much a straight line from 2-4V
What then happens is you go WOT which tends to be from around 3.5V so you adjust the trim table to acheive your required AFR. Problem then is you will possibly see the trims going quite a way out around that point when you are back in closed loop part throttle. Its not an issue just its going to look odd. You cant adjust your trim back to get the resultant as colse to "0" again as it will throw the AFR's when you go WOT again.

This is the problem with MAF tuning. Its good but not perfect. For best results you would tune MAP but the resultant curves and drivability would still be exactly the same as your settings are the same with regard cam angles, ignition etc. Fuelling would change ever so slightly as MAP is more accurate but the difference wouldnt/shouldnt be enough to really make any difference.

Hope that sort of makes sense.;)
thanks for this Paul

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
because it's 2 completly different ways for tuning fuel and strims
Well the one that received critism was a MAF tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts