2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem with the 'MICU' "Mutliplex Integrated Control Unit"

Remember those FLAT BATTERY, BATTERY FLAT threads?

Well this is why!!!

IF you didnt get the letter I am confident if you phoned the dealer and described the fact you got the same problem they would check your car out for you :)

I will scan the letter in tomorrow if you wanna see it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Problem with the 'MICU' "Mutliplex Integrated Control Unit"

Remember those FLAT BATTERY, BATTERY FLAT threads?

Well this is why!!!

IF you didnt get the letter I am confident if you phoned the dealer and described the fact you got the same problem they would check your car out for you :)

I will scan the letter in tomorrow if you wanna see it.

Chris
Got mine today and booked in at derby they doing it friday superfast cant fault them ;)

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
i too got this letter this morning. shall have to book the motor in!

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my part was swapped out today ^_^

thanks to brayley honda in st albans

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Type R MICU

Anyone else recieved a letter from Honda yesterday recalling their car for a MICU fault. Looks like a software upgrade to stop the battery from running flat when you have locked your car.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
No I haven't yet, my cars a 57 plate (Sept 07), I take it that it must be all early CTR's? saying that I did run my car details through Hondas website for any recalls and it came up with no updates required.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a part got replaced in my car :O

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
My letter arrived last Thurs - booked in for Fri.
Is this a software/firmware upgrade or a replacement part? The girl on the service desk said it was a 'major' job.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,
My letter arrived last Thurs - booked in for Fri.
Is this a software/firmware upgrade or a replacement part? The girl on the service desk said it was a 'major' job.
the guys at brayley honda in St Albans took around 20 minutes, its underneath the drivers footwell and its a part the size of a crisp packet (slightly thinner)

:) chris

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thats strange, I wonder what year cars were affected?
Mines a 57 plate (Sept 07). I did run my car details through Hondas website for any recalls and it came up with no updates required?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i was at the dealers for 2 hours, took them about 20 minutes to do the actual work cos they just had a new design put in so you can see into the working bays! :) an hour is to tide them over is all.

my dealers just booked me in for a temp sensor replacement which will take "45" minutes due to the temp being listed wrongly after this micu swapout.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts