2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,
I've been a member on here for a few months now after getting my '56 Civic 2.2 Sport at the turn of the new year. I previously had a Renaultsport Clio 182 for nearly 4 years, which I did a little bit too and was a regular member on Cliosport.net. Though it was about time I started a project thread for the Civic!

About the car, it was bought when about 6 months old by my father and he kept it until January when I took it over. The car itself has always been looked after by Horizon Honda in Dorset and I am going to be continuing with this. It is Milano Red (I believe!?) and was sitting at just under 104k miles when I got it.

Here is how it started:

As you can see it had a smashed fog light, that was replaced by Horizon along fitting the mesh grille, which looks 100x better IMO. A few things were done to the car straight away:

Fog Light Replacement
Fog Protectors (Light Tint)
Honda Sport Mesh Grille
Skunk2 Gear Knob
Audi TT Gear Gaiter
New OEM Honda Floor Mats

Then gave the car a good clean using various products including Dodo Juice, Auto Finesse & Autoglym. Also applied a layer of Gtechniq G4/G5 Rain Repellent to all the windows.

Since the photo's were taken the fog protectors and my private registration has put on the car. The only plans I've got now are:
Upgrade the headunit to a double-din piece (Any recommendations?)
Replace the digital readout (clock/radio info) as the screen keeps dimming out and then coming back on.
Team Heko's
Fit my Civinfo sticker :)

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
Nice mate, best colour ;)

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
looks great, enjoy

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well a couple of things have been done this weekend, firstly I've got a new steering wheel badge from coolice, really great quality products and it looks great IMO. I've also been losing the display gradually from the radio/clock display, and over the past couple of weeks, it's been non-existent. So today I went about taking it all out of the dash and re-soldering the points in the display - works lovely now :)

That'll probably be it now for a little while as I'm getting married in 8 weeks, so all funds/time will be going on that. Double-Din headunit will probably be the next addition along with a new clutch, as this one is starting to slip ever so slightly.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Looking good bud. Nice to see another cliosport.net member on here I also went from a clio to a civic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does I'm afraid, although I have touched a lot of them up now. It could really do with a machine polish to get all the swirl marks out, but I need to invest in a DA, which can wait until after my wedding.

I have been very impressed with Horizon Honda, so has my Dad who had the car before me. He also had a CRV from them before this and now has a 2015 spec Civic 1.6 diesel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts