2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to know if anyone has had any problems regarding Lidar reset after windscreen replacement.
Autoglass insist that it is necessary if the car has autonomous braking, but Nottingham Honda, my local dealer is telling me that it is not.
My car is a 2015 SR with the autonomous braking but no traffic sign recognition or lane departure warnings.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,956 Posts
I know the 10G needs some recalibration after a new windscreen but I don't remember any posts regarding 9G screens

I'd check with Honda UK

·
Registered
869 Posts
For vehicle with just CTBA (City Brake Active) there is no requirement for any alignment, it is only required for vehicles with camera systems (lane departure and Traffic sign recognition), your local Honda dealer is correct.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve - we can always rely on you!
Autoglass obviously need to be told the facts by Honda - there's a lot of confusion regarding this matter.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
The problem is, if you have DASP (and later SR's have it as standard), then it does... and sometimes it's a LOT of detail about all the different models for Autoglass to understand...

Assuming you're going via your Insurance, it's up to them to sort it out surely. My policy specifically says, that windscreen replacement includes recallibrating any cameras

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autoglass have no problem paying for it, the problem is that they aren't aware of the requirements of all the cars that they deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
For vehicle with just CTBA (City Brake Active) there is no requirement for any alignment, it is only required for vehicles with camera systems (lane departure and Traffic sign recognition), your local Honda dealer is correct.
Hmm, How does CTBA Operate? I was under the impression it was an optical based system? Quite impressive for it to not require alignment! (Reading around, seems to be based on LIDAR)

The only other question I'd have in that case, something that has been mentioned elsewhere, is why does my SE+ Have the full suite of DASP / LKAS Cameras on the screen? I'm guessing it was cheaper to bung them on than not?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, How does CTBA Operate? I was under the impression it was an optical based system? Quite impressive for it to not require alignment! (Reading around, seems to be based on LIDAR)

The only other question I'd have in that case, something that has been mentioned elsewhere, is why does my SE+ Have the full suite of DASP / LKAS Cameras on the screen? I'm guessing it was cheaper to bung them on than not?
Does your windscreen have two or three large tapered apertures in front of the 'camera' housing? Mine has two on the RHS looking from the front of the car.

·
Registered
869 Posts

I can assure you that there wont be a camera fitted if the vehicle does not have either standard or factory option ADAS, they wont install a £300+ camera for no reason, thou it may use the same windscreen/housing as it became either standard or factory option on all grades during the later models. All grades apart from the lowest had CTBA (LIDAR as you mentioned, for low speed collision avoidance and Forward collision warning for higher speeds) LIDAR works mainly from reflection via vehicles rear lights and reflectors, that's the reason many people find they react to car park barriers with reflectors on.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again steve_m it's great to have a real expert on this forum
I just wish main dealers had your level of expertise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts