2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to fit a HKS exhaust as i love the round tailpipes with the mesh inserts however i really love the sound of the martelius exhaust ! I understand the tegiwa exzorst sounds pretty similar ???? How many of you have lived with eather ? Could the tegiwa be the better option ?

Also on anothe question, if i change header and exzorst and fit an intake will i NEED flash pro ? I have no dyno in my area so would not be able to get a custom map ?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was going to fit a HKS exhaust as i love the round tailpipes with the mesh inserts however i really love the sound of the martelius exhaust ! I understand the tegiwa exzorst sounds pretty similar ???? How many of you have lived with eather ? Could the tegiwa be the better option ?

Also on anothe question, if i change header and exzorst and fit an intake will i NEED flash pro ? I have no dyno in my area so would not be able to get a custom map ?
If you change header and intake then I would definately get flashpro.

For you the best option in terms of tuning would be remote tuning where the tuner does your map based on datalogs.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The Tegiwa sounds nothing like the Martelius. The Martelius is at least twice as loud as every other exhaust. It depends, if you don't mind a very loud drone at 70 get the Martelius as the sound is better than you can tell from videos.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
If you change header and intake then I would definately get flashpro.

For you the best option in terms of tuning would be remote tuning where the tuner does your map based on datalogs.

:rolleyes::worms::worms:

Lol nah he is right. You can get EXCELLENT Etunes from experts on this forum

civicrsa, cullasse..... any others?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
No that's an exaggeration, it's louder than some, but certainly not twice as loud
You know it is, yours is as loud. I've gone from one to a Milltek and in comparison the Milltek is non existent.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it seams a tough old decision ! I had a non res miltek on an RS4 that i loved, i spose i could always try it and if i dont like it put it ul for sale !

Lol

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
You know it is, yours is as loud. I've gone from one to a Milltek and in comparison the Milltek is non existent.
Yes it's very loud I agree, and I came from a miltek too, but in terms of actual decibel levels it's not twice as loud, I remember seeing someone post a video of the martelius on a cold start against a wall indoors at 97db which is very very loud, I measured mines in an outdoor car park hot at 131db, too loud IMO

For the OP, basically it's very loud, much more noticeable than most others especially the twin exits, but not twice as loud, as a daily drive I must admit I find my exhaust a little too much for 7am Monday morning starts! :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it's very loud I agree, and I came from a miltek too, but in terms of actual decibel levels it's not twice as loud, I remember seeing someone post a video of the martelius on a cold start against a wall indoors at 97db which is very very loud, I measured mines in an outdoor car park hot at 131db, too loud IMO

For the OP, basically it's very loud, much more noticeable than most others especially the twin exits, but not twice as loud, as a daily drive I must admit I find my exhaust a little too much for 7am Monday morning starts! :(
Your matelius or miltek ?

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I'd love a mertilous but you can forget track days with that system. Tegiwa sounds rubbish from what I've herd
With standard manifold and Martelius it passes on some tracks and not on others. depends what the dB level of the track is. Anything under 88dB you wont. I know, Iv tried it :)

Living with the Martelius is great but you compromise Motorway comfort due to a drone. Most dual exit exhausts you can barely notice the difference over stock. HKS a nice deeper tone but still quiet until your in VTEC. Milltek is like a kitten in comparison...even the non res.

Using Flashpro and having an e-Tune is flawless, easy and fun going out and doing datalogs etc I did it with my set up and it was brilliant. The best bit is you get more power and more MPG :) win win

Also - the Tegiwa is quieter and more raspy but the videos of it are with the racing header fitted as well which, like with a martelius, increases the "rasp" So try have a sit in ride with a Tegiwa and a Martelius if you can without a racing header :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I was about to do full review of Martelius but got no time, bah..

Check these 2 videos, I was about to record how it sounds on highways etc but in the end i got only those :(

2nd video - yes, it is that loud on start up and everyone will hear you ;)

City driving - sound is quite reasonable (annyoning loudness at 2500-3500 RPM), everyone stares at you though
Highway driving - Well if you plan to do some longer trips you better get a restricted tailpipe or different silencer, all can be done by Martelius but costs some additional money. I got restricted tailpipe
and its kinda ok, but agfter 2 hours trip thats enough for my ears to handle :(

·
Premium Member
406 Posts

I've recently bought a Tegiwa cat back with standard mani... my experience is when you boot it you get a nice deep sound with a slight rasp to it but certainly not deafening, when just cruising about its suttle but still louder than standard. On the motorway I've found there is a slight drone from the exhaust but this is drowned out when you turn the radio up above 12/13... so not so bad really. I hope this honest and none biased opinion helps :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts