2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i just noticed this today. My car went in for an MOT last week and it passed, now when i got it back i didnt really notice anything different. However today i got in and my electric dash, where you see the date/time/aircon info etc was a bit messed upp, after a while it went back to normal. So im driving along today and i saw a nice empty road so i thought why not and started reving and got the vtec going. Everything looked and sounded normal however there was this little light on the right of the petrol gauge that started flashing. It didnt come on solid just very briefly flashed whilst the vtec was on. I wasnt sure but i couldnt make out what the symbol was or what it said. I just did it again and the same thing. As soon as i get into vtec rev zones this little light starts flashing on and off.

Can anyone tell me what this light is, what it means and why its happening. Also if its a serious problem shouldnt it just come on and stay on? Could this just be an error in the power circuitry or somerthing for my dashboard display panel? No other lights or warning lights are on.

Please help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you talk about a FN2?

Then you must talk about the upper right side of the petrol gauge.

This is the VSA light. (Yellow)

-IF VSA is turned ON it only strats flashing up if your wheels are about to spin / or still spin. The VSA regulates/stops the wheelspin.
VSA light comes on --> VSA handles the acceleration problem so to say.

-IF the VSA is turned OFF it is constantly present. Via a triangle with an axclamation mark in the middle.

Hitting the boiling point, both the triangle and the letters VSA show up.

There must be heavy traffic all day long recognising it the first time yet...

Have you change the position of the seat or the steering wheel? Sometimes it gets covered by the steering wheel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Yes, sorry that is what i'm talking about. So its normal for this to come on then? I mean ive been vtecing it up foir quite a while and never noticed this before. Also why are my wheels spinning, could it have been cos the road was wet? Its weird because my VSA is on, im guessing the seet or steering wheel would have been moved during the MOT.

hmmm bit confused...

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Hi Yes, sorry that is what i'm talking about. So its normal for this to come on then? I mean ive been vtecing it up foir quite a while and never noticed this before. Also why are my wheels spinning, could it have been cos the road was wet? Its weird because my VSA is on, im guessing the seet or steering wheel would have been moved during the MOT.

hmmm bit confused...
The light looks like this

It will flash when your wheels are breaking traction, either due to understeer, oversteer, excessive acceleration, driving on snow with summer tires, ect.

It will flash during this.

As the roads were wet, you have less grip even if the tires costs $300 each wet roads have a lower Mu compared to dry so breaking traction is much easier.

Another thing to consider is road condition.
A crap road will make it easier for you to break traction.

Seeing as you passed inspection I take it your tires are good, but are they cheap eco tires or good tires like bridgestone RE002?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts

hmmm bit confused...
Wet roads of course. And its not very difficult to let this light flash up on dry roads... even in 2nd. Or in 3rd when cornering around the streets.
If you say, the steering wheel and seat may have been moved, so let it be. Maybe your setting was hiding it.

The light looks like this

It will flash when your wheels are breaking traction, either due to understeer, oversteer, excessive acceleration, driving on snow with summer tires, ect.

It will flash during this.

As the roads were wet, you have less grip even if the tires costs $300 each wet roads have a lower Mu compared to dry so breaking traction is much easier.

Another thing to consider is road condition.
A crap road will make it easier for you to break traction.

Seeing as you passed inspection I take it your tires are good, but are they cheap eco tires or good tires like bridgestone RE002?
c'mon Grayfox, Hankook and Toyo also have good tires.

Bridgy RE002, Hankook and Toyos are all in the same price category. If I look up the 225-18'' ones.

Good write-up
[smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Wet roads of course. And its not very difficult to let this light flash up on dry roads... even in 2nd. Or in 3rd when cornering around the streets.
Hooning much?
Sounds like you would be having more fun with the VSA / Traction control disabled :laugh:

With the dealer fitted Yokohama V105s, (225/45 R17) the only time I've managed to get a VSA light was "Launching" in a wet car park, with smooth concrete floor.
1.4 problems :VTECSMILEY::laugh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hooning much?
Sounds like you would be having more fun with the VSA / Traction control disabled :laugh:

With the dealer fitted Yokohama V105s, (225/45 R17) the only time I've managed to get a VSA light was "Launching" in a wet car park, with smooth concrete floor.
1.4 problems :VTECSMILEY::laugh:
Hooning...ehhh...:duck:
well okay that was too much from my point... honestly. (Michel Vaillant-Beyond Control) [smilie=whistle.gif]

You really have to remember me about an aftermarket LSD?! heh

I think even a 1.4L is able to break the laws of traction. Both in dry and wet conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts