2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my 2.2ctdi 2 weeks and have just found the washers for my lights (didn't know it had any!)
I had to ask my wife to watch whilst I sprayed, so she could see where water came from.
Never seen anything so cool on any car

Rog

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
The sport and ex have washers because of HID lights

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Not a good idea urinating on the car though even if your wife is turned on by it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps might ruin paintwork

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you explain why HID lights need washers. Why are these lights so different?

Rog

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
rogwat48 said:
Can you explain why HID lights need washers. Why are these lights so different?

Rog
..... 'cos if the headlights got dirty they would get very hot! :lol:

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Theres a thread on it somewhere but I cant find it now but its there somewhere!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, found it thanks, in lights section. As someone commented, however, not explained in any technical detail - NOT!

Rog

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I thought it was less to do with heat, and more to do with the brightness of the HID bulbs?

Dirt on the lense makes the beam scatter more, and becuase the lights are brighter (and therfore can* be seen further away), if they get dirty, there is a greater chance of blinding drivers coming in the opposite direction - leading to a crash.

* at least they can illuminate further into the distance - IF they are adjusted up a bit :wink:

PS - Can we please call them 'aliens'?
With reference to the chest busting versions in the film of the similar name :D
Only cos it's easy to type than 'headlight washers' and it's what I'm kinda used to calling them from elsewhere :)

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
TTDegs said:
I thought it was less to do with heat, and more to do with the brightness of the HID bulbs?

Dirt on the lense makes the beam scatter more, and becuase the lights are brighter (and therfore can* be seen further away), if they get dirty, there is a greater chance of blinding drivers coming in the opposite direction - leading to a crash.
You could very well be right TT! The light scatter wouldn't be very funny for oncoming traffic would it :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Trekker308 said:
You could very well be right TT!
doesn't happen often, but sometimes I get close :lol:

I'm a mine of useless information - it's all buried deep undergound and rarley sees the light of day :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts