2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

firstly I'll appologise if this has been answered elsewhere, not sure what to type in the search box for this issue??
Sometimes when I walk past my car, (keys are in my pocket and no buttons being pressed) the indicator lights flash once for no apparent reason? Doors remain locked. The alarm is just the stock one so no perimeter sensors etc.
It's very odd, I'm thinking maybe the batteries in the fob are getting low perhaps and this is the way it informs you? any info would be greatfully received.
Thanks peeps

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
walk past your car with the key in your hand . do you notice the little red light flashes on the key fob>

have u spilt water on it in the past, possibly causing a short ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
When you had this problem did you hear the locks operate. As I have noticed that sometimes the movement as you walk can cause the fob buttons to operate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, no water been spilt on it (dropped my other set in the toilet though, grrrr!)
I thought that as well, maybe I was pressing it by accident but when it does it there is no sound from the door locks, lights flash once and nothing else, doors remain locked. The only way to reproduce it is to press the unlock button, that kind of flash. It's rather odd. I've got a Honda technician coming to the house on Saturday to fit a fuel filter for me so will ask him and let you know if it's something he's seen before.
Cheers guys

Scott

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
That's your car greeting you and showing you that you have been missed while you were away ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts