2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would look nice to have the front glass grill also lighted... i dont mean any tacky knight rider crap, just that it's lighted or perhaps you could fit additional lights inside the grill?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
need to be careful of the law - if I remeber rightly, a light right across the front is a no-no...

but I could be wrong - it has been known :wink:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I don't know about having lights all the way across, but you can only have white light coming from the front of the car, I think. Tell that to all the truck drivers with banks of green and red LEDs, or the Corsa drivers with the blue LED washer nozzle.

I also wondered how long before someone actually backlit the H.

·
Registered
63 Posts
richierich said:
I also wondered how long before someone actually backlit the H.
Hmmmm, give the standard Civic H logo a red back light so at night people think you have a RedH Type R :lol:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I personally don't like making a car appear to be type-r when it isn't. I have seen a few old model 5 door civics going around with red badges and 'Type-R' logos plastered all over it. I don't know if they think they're fooling anyone.
I do like the idea of a real Type-R having a backlit red H, but that is illegal, no red lights are allowed on the front of a motor vehicle :(

I have wondered what it would look like to replace the chromed stuff in the centre bit with something else. Something darker, a graphite colour maybe. But would that ruin the 'cyclops' look by breaking the wraparound light look? One thing I am not too fond of on the new Type-R is the fact they have replaced it with a grille.

I think I am happy the way it is, actually :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
funny, the very first thing I thought when I saw the front of the civic was "someones going to make a middle bit with some type of lights in it". just right for the "need for speed" generation. Maybe a back-lit H or maybe some extra spot lights?

In a year or so, when they are all a bit older, someones going to start making one, I guarentee it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was thinking along those lines as well but then decided it would look a bit tatty.

I am thinkign of getting the grill once the Type R comes out, think it will make the front looka a bit more aggressive. At the moment it looks too cute and cuddly!!!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Cute and cuddly? I think it looks pretty menacing actually!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i like

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Me too.

Tom

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Only if the light color is similar to the DRL, - or more different...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts