2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time (not always), when accelerating the (Xenon) lights shine stronger than when constant speed drive or switching the gear. I've also noticed some times (when standing still in my garage) that there is a very very slight interruption of the lights. When starting the engine with the lights on in "auto" there's some clikclickclik sound coming from somewhere in the dashboard.(fuse box). (poor functioning fuse ?)

Has anyone noticed similar problem ?

Have had already a lot of problems with this 2.2 diesel (clutch, steer pulling to the right, broken fuel valve) and must say that i'm a little bit disappointed in this car

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i've noticed the same on my 1.8.
When driving at night and standing still at a traffic light, my lights dim for a split second when the duty cycle of the aircon switches on.
Dont think we should be worried, i've had my share of problems on my civic but never with the battery or electrics.

Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

·
my car needs washed again
73 Posts
Seem to remember reading a thread a few weeks ago someone upgraded all the earth straps and this solved the problem hope this helps

·
Registered
136 Posts
You will get a slight dimming of the lights as the air con compressor cuts in as its a huge draw on the battery for a split second. Not really alot you can do about it unfortunetely.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It's normal. My lights dimmed in time to my music when I had the amp and stuff in the boot turned up!
The same happens in the Corsa and Alfa (but much less)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
It's normal. My lights dimmed in time to my music when I had the amp and stuff in the boot turned up!
The same happens in the Corsa and Alfa (but much less)
That would give a way cool strobe effect! Not sure if the boys in blue would like that though haha

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It was only noticable when stationary and it wasn't fluctuating massivley!
When I mentioned the other cars being the same, I didn't mean with music, just that the lights change intensity relative to the load on the engine or battery.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I have after market HID's and I've noticed that they do dim ever so slightly just a split second before when you come to a full stop at traffic lights (i-shift, not changed to neutral just holding the break).

I also noticed when you switch on and off the air con they dim slighlty.

And when you switch off the car and leave the key in, its not as brigh as when the car is in neutral with the engine running.

All that said, I wouldnt worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts