2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

could someone be so kind and advise me with lightweight alloys ?

Im driving the 18 Standard, dont want to have smaller ones
Now i was looking for lighter one that i like.

I have found these.
Sparco Felge Asseto Gara matt bronze 8x18

Weight about 9.2 maybe 9.5 kg
Does someone have an idea or knowledge for lighter ones with same look ?

They should be legal with this damned TÜV Documents...

thanks & with my best regards
chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep i had the rota p1 also in mind but 2 friends of mine showed me this pictures about broken rotas & said that the quality is questionable ...
So no bad experience here ?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Easy. Oz alleggerita hlt.
About 6.3 kg for a 17" or a 7,3 kg for 18"
It's the best wheel out there and put to shame almost other top brand wheels.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
i have got 1.2 pro races on mine which are 9kg went from the rages which are 10.9kg u really can tell the difference steering is a lot lighter and the car responds a lot better i would recommend the team dynamics :)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
ROTA have a good reputation on here.

I like the GR6
Was looking at these after I saw that the Tomasons I liked weigh more than my current ones. They're around the 8kg mark I believe?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
What would be the benefit/difference if one were to change from OEM to a lightweight?
Steering feels a lot lighter with the car feeling like it turns in a lot quicker and easier. The car picks up quicker as well when getting on the throttle i felt (though i feel me going from 19" to 18" had a little to do with this), cause of the saving in unsprung the car isnt having to spin up heavy wheels most people agree saving 1kg of unsprung weight is like saving 5kg off the car else were so its a noticeable difference when u r driving. Having lighter wheels also allows the wheels to follow the road better so the tyres are in contact with the road for more giving more grip :)

some good advantages

but the are some disadvantages obviously light weight alloys are never as strong unless u get forged alloys but they are expensive :(

ride quality can be effected as with the wheels following the road better they can transmit more road noise and vibrations from uneven road surfaces :/

so what you are looking for really hopes this answers your question :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts