2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Quick suggestion, take it or leave it, as part of the Facebook generation I've become used to using a like button as a means of expressing approval without having to comment that I like the post, in a similar fashion to the 'Thanks' button already in use on Civinfo.

However the thanks button doesn't really apply where someone would like to agree with a post but has no need to thank the OP as such. Perhaps the inclusion of a like box after posts starts to clutter up the threads, or discourages dialogue from being opened up, which is why Im not sure if this has already been decided against.

I had a look through this site suggestions forum and can't find reference to suggestion of a like button so thought I would offer it up.

Thoughts?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I just use the "Thanks" button when appropriate for a like or a thanks, or alternatively take the opportunity to post a :like:.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Woah, can of worms on the other threads. Fair enough, seemed like a good idea though.

The world is another 18 months or so on from the last thread about like buttons, and most people use FB whether they want to or not, it seems the like button is becoming an acceptable custom in society. Discuss?

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Upon closer inspection, the thanks button does have a thumbup anyway.

How about this though, (on a completely separate issue) the tiny little blue box next to the last posters name for each thread in the forums, that takes you to the newest post - any chance of having that resized so us tablet junkies* can select it more easily? It's a bit of an annoyance right now, I keep getting taken to the last posters profile instead. I've not got at fingers either, before anyone starts with that accusation!!

*as in iPad users, not pill heads.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think ALL forums should have a 'like' button

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Upon closer inspection, the thanks button does have a thumbup anyway.

How about this though, (on a completely separate issue) the tiny little blue box next to the last posters name for each thread in the forums, that takes you to the newest post - any chance of having that resized so us tablet junkies* can select it more easily? It's a bit of an annoyance right now, I keep getting taken to the last posters profile instead. I've not got at fingers either, before anyone starts with that accusation!!

*as in iPad users, not pill heads.
Tapatalk :thumbsup:

...and a 'dislike' button.
I'd support this action :lol:

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a new blackberry phone, tapatalk isn't going to support BB10 for some reason :(

I prob should use tapatalk on the ipad, haven't got round to trying it out yet.

A dislike button would be handy too!

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
1 - 20 of 84 Posts