2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys
I am just posting these pics so others can see how the rubber lip skirt looks on the 5 door mk8. Prior to buying, I searched all over and managed to find a video link on the forum to get an idea of what it would look like. So here is another post to help others find more resources in this regard:

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Looks great............until the first big speed bump?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great............until the first big speed bump?
:LOL: I actually tested it over the biggest speed bump in the area immediately after fitting it (immediately prior to my post) and it survived. Its rubber, so if it hits anything, it should flex. In terms of being ripped off, I am sure the 3M tape along with the 5 strategically placed self-tapping screws should hold it into place nicely.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nice, got a link for which one it is?
I bought it at a brick-and-mortar store. So unfortunately no link. But I am sure a google search will provide a seller close to you. Its called "samurai rubber skirt lip". It feels quite durable. But only time will really tell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A
This is what i found when i googled "samurai rubber skirt lip".
Ahhhh. Thats definitely not the right product. Thats foam, not rubber and the finish is ugly.
In South Africa, our trusted online store is Takealot. And when I search the above, this immediately comes up:

So if you interested in the exact same product that I have, I think its best to make sure the brand is "Samurai". But there probably are good brands in other parts of the world, I am just not familiar with them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
There’s one on AliExpress the Chinese shopping app looks the same and says Samarai. Looks amazing on yours mate I like it a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There’s one on AliExpress the Chinese shopping app looks the same and says Samarai. Looks amazing on yours mate I like it a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ones on aliexpress looks like the right ones yeah.

Thanks buddy;). I am really happy with it and installing it took 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great, I'm gonna buying one on Aliexpress :D I see that you have painted your bumper and skirt, do you think you can take a picture of rear bumper to see what it looks like ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, nice work mate. I’m glade I just came across you’r post since I’m investigating should I put a rubber on mine :) Was one “pack” enough for whole car? Was there any left over. These ones I’m finding are around 2.5m. Only thing I don’t like is how it look at edges. It looks so sharply cuted if you get me. so I would like to precut them and bend the inside as well. Do you think It would be possible?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi.
I think they are all sold as 2.5m yeah. I only added it to the front of my car. So if you plan on doing all sides, you probably going to need 4 if you want to it to look neat.

I am not sure what exactly you mean about the edges, but I think Grossey's is about as perfect as it can be...

I would definitely recommend getting it for the front of your car at least. It makes a beautiful difference.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
yes i brought 4, i cut small triangle shapes out of the mounting surface to allow the rubber to bend and follow the shape of the bumper, i also screwed it on as i didn't fully trust the double sided tape to hold, @SuperSaiyanKHAN now has my front and rear splitters as i have fitted GP ones and brought Maxton design splitters, the reason it looks a bit wavy is because of how the skirt is packaged so i would suggest unwrapping it as soon as it arrives and leaving it to flatten out a bit on the floor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts