2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a semi-scientific attempt to work out exactly what, if any, updates there are on the lastest DVD, can we (please)?

List any specific examples where your inbuilt Honda SatNav system is actually wrong.

I'm not on about the fact that the nearest MaccyD is on the wrong side of the water :wink:

More like

"on the A999, 2 miles from xxxxxxx, it told me to turn left - the wrong way up a one way street"

or

"my 'nearest' Shell Petrol station at yyyyyyyyy" has been converted into a Tesco for the last 5 years, but it still says it is there.

If you could also specify which version you have, we can then ask (nicely!) for the lucky peeps with the newer version to see what their system says about the same route / place.

PLEASE limit this thread to just specific examples - there is already a very interesting 3 pages of general comments here -> http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341&page=3

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where Highwood Road in Patchway, Bristol (here) meets the A38 Gloucester Road the sat nav tells you that you can turn right at the roundabout when you can in fact only turn left, cross over the A38 before being able to double back on yourself.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
The new section of the A1 north of Leeds is not on the 2006 version, nor is the M1/A1 link, or certainly parts of it, thats been finished a few years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you go northbound up the M40, heading for the M42, It tells you to leave the motorway at junction 15 (Warwick), then take the second exit for the M40. It doesn't seem to know about the bit of motorway underneath the roundabout!

Also, coming off M1 southbound at junction 21 and heading towards Leicester, it won't take you down the left-hand sliproad, even though it displays it. It tells you to go to the roundabout and turn left.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
The 2006 does not have some of the new bits of A & B road built up round Chasewater, Cannock when they put the M6 toll through, even though the Toll is on there.

Also one funny observation, as you come over the QE Bridge at Dartford and go to join the A2, it tells you on the picture on the screen to follow signs for "A2, Non-motorway traffic", rather than a place, made me smile.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sat Nav Errors

I've found a spelling error in an address I was trying to get to. It couldn't find it so I had to use an A to Z. When I got there the road name was wrong. I just can't remember what it was. There are some large chunks of Sandymoor/Warrington missing. I was nearly killed on my way to Manchester and was directed to turn right when it was just a bend in the road. This takes the biscuit though - see image. Just how hard is it to spell "Wales".

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Show nearest?

If you ask sat nat to show nearest fast food it says 232 miles in Calais - Considering I live in Harrogate N. Yorks its not very near. As far as I can tell it does not show any UK locations

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,181 Posts
i have the new V3.05 2006-2007 disk on the way, so will see what changes it has compared to my old one.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Sat Nav POI Problems

I live in Leicester :
My nearest bank is Birmingham
My Nearest Pub is in Wales
My nearest fast food is in Calais

Took car to dealer today to have petrol cap replaced and let them see how the sat nav does not work. They contacted Technical at Honda UK who told them "this is due to companies not paying to be on the dvd as it is advertising"
My dealer (Francis Honda @ Narborough) was gob smacked and could not believe the reply. They are going to look into this further as they feel that it is not a satisfactory reply. All the technicians there were amazed at the reply as well. One said "my little hand held sat nav that cost £150 has my local pub on it!"

Honda - Alpine - Navtech need to get their act together to provide a suitable DVD for the uk market

Other than that my petrol cap now springs open really well :)

I await reply from Francis - will keep you all posted when it arrives

·
Registered
463 Posts
I took my Civic in for its first service yesterday (22nd Feb). I mentioned to them that the sat nav could perform better than it does and I often use my Tom Tom in preference to the one fitted in the car.

Anyway, when I returned to collect the car, that had taken the DVD out of a new Civic and have asked me to test it for a few day's to see if it any better. If it is an improvement, they will get me a new disk, I assume, free of charge.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,181 Posts
won it on ebay for £60

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Sat Nav POI

Hi, no reply as yet - will let you know as soon as I know.
Hopefully they will get some decent reply from Honda UK - ho ho ho !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts