2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my beloved ctr to my local dealers today with a catologue of faults i had been encountering over the last couple of months.The chap i spoke to was very helpful and immediately knew about the faults i was talking about which were;

:Creaking noise from rear suspension

:Clutch pedal clicking

:Unable to engage 3rd gear

He got the technician to take vehicle on a test drive and upon returning confirmed they were genuine faults.And so are having the car next monday to correct the faults under warranty.:eek:hoping they do a good job and get it sorted as its detracting from such a great car.

Oh and the they have told me the creacking noise is from the exhaust bushes and so replacing!

The clutch pedal clicking is something to do with it needing greasing!

And the 3rd gear issue is a common fault and so are putting in a new 3rd fourth syncro!

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
My 2.2 CTS is going into the dealers on Friday to have its creaky rear end and clicking clutch pedal sorted, have to see if we get the same answers to the same problems ;)!

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh definetely, will update as soon as i have been on monday.Cant see the clicking noise being solved by merely greasing would imagine this will just be a short term fix?

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
When I was in the motor trade, pedal and steering column noises were quite often permanently fixed by redistributing their lubricating grease, so fingers crossed :rolleyes:!

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
Had my noisy rear end ;), and clicking/cracking clutch pedal looked at today. I've been told that there is a modification for the clutch pedal that has been carried out, and to be honest the pedal feels much smoother aswell as being noise free :D. The noise from the rear is still awaiting a fix, I've seen the bulletin and the fix was forecast for now :mad:, however now that the weather is frosty, the creaking from the rear has gone :eek:, so I'll just have to make the most of the cold weather ;)!

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
My pedal was 'fixed' for the clicking.
Its now started clicking again!!
Damn!!! How long did it fix it for? My pedal is smoother and lighter at the moment, looks like I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts ;)!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Had my noisy rear end ... looked at today ...
Visit to the Proctologist, eh ! - eating too many beans, or what ? :p ...

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
im in the clicking clutch crew. i cant be arsed to get it sorted at the dealers so i just turn up my radio! i might have a look at the grease situation tomorrow though!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I had a clicking clutch - and was advised that the greasing up was only ever going to be temporary. But HUK want the dealers to do it first. The real fix was a new master cylinder.

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that piece of information will mention it when i take mine in tommorow!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts