2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the little blue light for in the overhead console on my EX for?

Ian

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
On a very dark night, it is actually bright enough to let you see dimly around the centre console area.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I thought that, but in fact it's ace. No need on the motorway to turn on the interior light to find the sherbert fruits - the glow is just enough. Does have to be dark enough such that without the light you're in total blackness (if you see what I mean). I'll have a go at a photo.

·
Registered
975 Posts
funny you should mention it , seeing as i just noticed it tonight, nice atention to detail.

also i waved a civinfo flyer at a guy behind me in traffic and he jus did thumbs up, i was upset, sarcastic w**ka

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
In the manual it says it is a courtesy light. It is on my ES, aswel.

When it's really dark, the light is just enough to let you see around the console area. If it's too dark for the blue light to light it up, there is enough light to see anyway.

If it were any brighter, it could eb a distarction, especially where it is very dark! My thoughts were that it is a bit pathetic at first , but when I thought about it, it made more sense.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bungle said:

When it's really dark, the light is just enough to let you see around the console area. If it's too dark for the blue light to light it up, there is enough light to see anyway.

If it were any brighter, it could eb a distarction, especially where it is very dark! My thoughts were that it is a bit pathetic at first , but when I thought about it, it made more sense.
It's not the courtesy light, that is what comes on when you open the doors.

Ian

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Parky, it's not the courtesy light, it's a courtesy light, that only comes on with the headlights.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bungle said:

I take it back you are correct it is the courtesy light and it adjusts with the instrument brightness (see page 182 in the manual)

Ian

·
Registered
75 Posts
if anyone has their panel off to move the mic accross, use that 2mm drill to make the hole a bit bigger, it brightens the led glow a bit.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Pottsy said:
I thought that, but in fact it's ace. No need on the motorway to turn on the interior light to find the sherbert fruits - the glow is just enough. Does have to be dark enough such that without the light you're in total blackness (if you see what I mean). I'll have a go at a photo.
Well, better late then never: :roll:

Attachments

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Blimey, that seems bright for the little thing in the front light panel, have you enlarged your hole, even on the darkest road you would be pushed to know it was a blue glow, rather than just the moon. That looks great, I am dissapointed by mine now, providing you've not enhanced yours.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
No, I haven't fiddled with it at all.

The photo does enhance the effect slightly - but I still find I can use it to navigate around the centre pocket thing on a dark night.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Pottsy said:
No, I haven't fiddled with it at all.

The photo does enhance the effect slightly - but I still find I can use it to navigate around the centre pocket thing on a dark night.
Navigate the centre pocket?? How big IS yours?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts