2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this sweet stickered Alabaster Silver CTR yesterday in Morrisons at about 15:30 I think. Was going to park up beside you and get a photo of both cars but thought that'd look a bit sad. :)
Nice car mate. I love the black wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
That would be me buddy. and that must have been you in the first bay on the other side. was in there for an eternity as they only had two tills on. got my pies quicker when it used to be brockville lol

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate, aye that would have been me the other side. :)
It was shocking in the shop! I couldn't believe the length of the queues!

Can I ask a question about your wheels? Where did you have them done? I take it they coloured the centre caps too?
Yours look mint mate, and seeing your car has made me want to do my wheels black to match the car. :)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Sadly the previous owner done the wheels and there is a 1cm part chipped off the back and i don't know who done them. They have a speckle through them but look black with the dirt. I'm planning on doing mine gloss black with foilatec spray which you can peel back off. 50 quid for two tins will do four wheels. But there are loads of places that powdercoat wheels. Would look awesome on your car too. love black on black

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate, aye even my girlfriend Sarah who isn't that into cars thought your wheels looked awesome. :)
I was thinking gloss black too. I guess you'd do the foilatec stuff yourself?
What would you say's better, painting or powder coating?

Wish I had parked up for a pic now, I've never had mine next to another stickered CTR. :)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I've never painted a set so i don't know. powdercoated a couple of sets and they have been fine. as for the foliatec yeah i would do this myself as if i screw it up it peels off with no damage done. figure its worth a bash. were both falkirk area so a photo op is bound to happen. did anything ever come of dom's meet?

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it didn't. I forgot all about it, but when I queried them on the Monday it turns out no one had went so I didn't miss anything. :)

Would be goood to get something organised. Although I'm more interested in meeting up for the blether and a few beers. :)
I'm not quite as hardcore an ethusiast as some of the folk here so don't have as much to offer car wise.

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aye it's only really cosmetic stuff I'm bothered about too.
Not quite sure what you mean with "hate a beer", is that code for loving one? lol

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Give me a shout when it's summer and/or football season and I'll have some beers with you. Not into football, but am BIG into beer! :)

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
lads wonder wheels and smart repairs did my wheels with a civinfo discount for £25 a corner :)

he does a decent job and hes really local to you guys :)

Wonder Wheels and Smart repair 07708 415375 tell him revmonkey sent you ;)

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lads wonder wheels and smart repairs did my wheels with a civinfo discount for £25 a corner :)

he does a decent job and hes really local to you guys :)

Wonder Wheels and Smart repair 07708 415375 tell him revmonkey sent you ;)
Thanks a lot mate, that's awesome, and well cheap! :)
What did you have done to your wheels?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts