2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little spirited drive to work this morning, only went round a corner around 40mph and lost back end slightly and then the wobble of the back end when coming back into its correct posture/stance. I was only accelerating from 30-40mph, thought I would go for it to see if it would stick to the road, yes was a little damp but not enough to throw it out. Bit disappointed really. Bet car behind me was like [email protected]@k [email protected]@d.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what tyres?
how cold was it?
what tyres?
how cold was it?
I have eagle F1fronts and Yokohama advan sport rears and it was around 6.30, wasn't that cold really. I had been driving for around 15-20min so tyres where warm. Think I was in second attacking the corner, I was like ok you don't like that, maybe I a need new tyres, they don't look bad. It has happened before though a few months ago going around a bend in middle of afternoon and I nearly lost it. Maybe I'm to aggressive into the corner when accelerating, When I set off pretty quick my VSA flashes like mad in first and second.

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts
i've got AS5s all round and not had any serious wobbles at the rear and I love giving it some in corners.
try swapping tyres F to R and see if it does it again, that'll eliminate tyre differences (or prove it).

have you got as LSD on yours?
i have so maybe that's the difference?

never upset the VSA either except on gravel

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
69 Posts
Have you had FSRU setup done yet makes a huge difference, also I personally do not like mixing tyre brands (differing grip), had a bad experience years ago. Also take into account how cold the road is too, how many cars would have driven on it, could be you are too aggressive on the throttle too early, so many variables.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you had FSRU setup done yet makes a huge difference, also I personally do not like mixing tyre brands (differing grip), had a bad experience years ago. Also take into account how cold the road is too, how many cars would have driven on it, could be you are too aggressive on the throttle too early, so many variables.
No not yet, yeh I’m the kind of guy sometimes to plant and go. But I thought it would handle the corner, it’s not a major turn. Since I put the new lowering spring the front sit slightly lower at the front than the rear which is bear bug also, could this also have a effect on the rear wheels for grip

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
It'll just be cold and damp roads.

Reactions: Wilmo

·
Enjoying life
8,710 Posts
With that high pressure, very thin ratio tyre, the legendary crashy suspension and our crap roads I can see why it may get out of shape. You're not driving at 130mph are you? 😃. I'd drop the pressures to the lower values of it were me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No not at all, thats way to slow 😉 will drop it down and see, will do it at work in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts
STD 18" pressures on the FN2 are 34F 31R just for reference

·
Registered
513 Posts
Tyre issue or driver issue. I throw mine around bends faster than 40mph with 4 budget part worn's, I don't even know the makes of.

Mine only kicks out with oversteer. Watch some videos on YouTube about driving fast with FWD. I see loads of people write off by lift off oversteer.

Some tyres are garbage in the rain as well, I've had to get rid of front tyres that were on my Civic as it just went straight and skidded with the ones it had on.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
STD 18" pressures on the FN2 are 34F 31R just for reference
I have dropped the tyre pressures front 38 and rear 34, the AS5 have proved very good in the wet and damp and have attacked corners far tighter than the one the other morning. I had a go again this morning and felt a slight twitch. Possibly could be a little oil on that part of the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts