2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv had my martelius catback exhaust for around a 1-2 weeks now....and its blows me away every time my foot goes down.....i want to hit vtec so i can hear that amazing soundtrack:)

Before the Martelius i had a HKS RSK which i though was very loud when you get to 6000rpm+.....it has a great metallic roar to it...but when i got the martelius, in vtec it has a raspy thunder coming from the back when the windows are down....the combination of HKS and martelius exhaust is absolutely amazing, id say that both of them together give a massive raspy metallic thunder to the car when accelerating in vtec.

Just cursing around its not bad at all....i have a restricted tailpipe done straight from martelius...and when im in sixth at 30/40mph its quiet if you dont plant your foot.....when im on the motorway....yes their is a relatively big drone at 70 mph.....i must have been dreaming coz were not allowed to do more than 70:D, but when doing 85mph its less quite and 90mph is very quiet..im tempted to say its almost like stock but that may be going to far!! (again i was only dreaming though....lol.....:))

overall i lover the exhaust....its loud and in ** face at 3000rpm when accelerating but i love it.....the car is actually my dads and he drives it more than me and he sez he doesnt like it coz its too loud...but hes like 50 and has super hearing like superman ;)....so dont pay too much attention to that it...but when i was diving with him in the passenger seat and hit vtec in third he dint say anything...he was just listening to that raspy matellic thunder and them started smiling...so that has to say something about the exhaust:D:D!!

Sooner or later my dads going to tell me to get rid of the exhaust....but for now...ill keep vtecing it coz it sounds AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!!;)

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
your in sheffield. take me for a spin sometime!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Yeah Nox is right, if you thought it was loud before!! Just pure crazyness with a manifold!

Bin the HKS if you do get a manifold though, as you cant hear it :D

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Nox is right, if you thought it was loud before!! Just pure crazyness with a manifold!

Bin the HKS if you do get a manifold though, as you cant hear it :D

lol.....the problem with getting a manifold is that my dad will go crazy:) but i think my next mod would be a flashpro to increase mid range power :D

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Its all good on the roads but no trackdays for you unfortunatey!!

I was going to get martelius but didnt in the end due to the noise. I had milltek non res and cpl race header... I can just about make it on track.

Also i havethat aswell... Mega drone at 70 and none at 90. Just downchange to 5th gear at 70 if it bothers you that much :) bit more petrol but no noise

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
It's the opposite way round on the 2.2
70 is near silent 90 is LOUUUUUUUUUUUD (even if cruising at that speed (on my private road, of course))

You'll have to do some vids mate :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts