2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone know how to locate the colour code for 14 plate Black Civic hatch?

(I was planning to fix the chip paint by myself. Could you also recommend any repair tool?)

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I believe that all the paint colour codes are on the decal with the vin no, manufacturing country etc as you open the front door.. it's a 6 digit number with a letter/number combo

·
Registered
55 Posts
i thought it was in the service book too so I had a look at mine, just says Alabaster lol.

Last touch up kit I got was from a Toyota dealer for my Auris
Iirc there was a bottle of primer and bottle of top coat with the kit.

Halfords do the touch up kits too and they used to come with a few tools in the kit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep, it's on the metal plate when you open one of the front doors, can't remeber which side! It'll be a metal plate and on the right hand side of that plate, second line down, you'll see a code. Alabaster silver will probably be NH700M, but double check.

As far as touch-up kits go, I've heard mixed things about Halfords kits, mostly negative. I went with a Chipex kit and overall I'm pleased with it. Can't say it's a 100% percent match on my metallic grey (not sure any kit is though), but it's good enough for me. I'm going to be touching up some larger bits on the rear bumper soon, so that'll be the biggest test for it. The Honda kit does indeed come in two parts like the Toyota one you had, but the Chipex is premixed and you basically just need to apply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts