2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,

I've been into the show room 5 times, and ordered and paid for a car yet I've managed to forget to check each time where the new aux in is located?

Can anyone advise?

I'm hoping that it's somewhere suitable for me to leave my iPod in the car...

Cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
Can anyone who has the 09 and an ipod let me know if the standard ipod charger/usb cable is what is needed to connect the ipod to the civic or is there some sort of extra cable from honda that has to be bought?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There isn't any sort of data transfer in the car so the USB cable is not used at all. The aux port only allows audio input, therefore you need a mini jack to mini jack cable. Make sure you get a stereo (balanced) cable.

On a downside, the aux port sounds ok, not as good as the A/D > D/A converters for the CD, as I recently discovered listening to 'boom boom pow'.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Can anyone who has the 09 and an ipod let me know if the standard ipod charger/usb cable is what is needed to connect the ipod to the civic or is there some sort of extra cable from honda that has to be bought?
Yes, you use that lead you refered to above for connecting an iPod. easy as that. sound quality is perfect

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stephentw. Just picked up my new civic yesterday and no USB.

The aux input was included for this 09 facelift.

I'm not sure what level of trim you need to purchase to get the Honda iPod interface. All I know is you don't get it on an SE.

·
Registered
71 Posts
this may be a stupid question but will i be able to control music from my ipod via the stereo controls if i use the AUX port? Or will i just be able to play what ever playlist is running on the ipod but not be able to change tracks?

I orded an ES which will arrive mid-september and it definately doesnt come with a USB port.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Does the Type S come with the usb? Seems a bit silly excluding it from some cars considering most cars are now adding it as a basic function.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Momo. You can't control anything other than volume. You have to select your tracks on the iPod itself.
cheers for clearing it up.

Starting to wonder if i should have got the 3dr now :s

Only reason i didnt is because of the firmer ride, + giving *** lifts is a pain in a 3dr.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts