2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search and couldnt find anything so sorry if there is a thread about this.

I just filled my car up at the petrol station, went to get back in to it and it wouldnt open, no sound when I pressed the key fob even though the little red light was showing, I tried turning the key to open the door and nothing!!!

I even stepped to the front to check it was my car :oops:

After standing there for what seemed like forever but probably more like three or four minutes the key fob suddenly worked an the car opened.

Is this a fault ? has anyone else had this ?

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
I had the same phenomenon few weeks ago... I was wondering if my the battery in the key was dead because I have to use the keyhole to open the car ! but work perfectly since...
I did not think about that when I did the first service.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if my the battery in the key was dead because I have to use the keyhole to open the car !
I thought the same at first except I couldnt even open the car using the key in the lock! Which is why I am concerned, I dont want to get locked late at night etc

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Ring the dealer... Again ;-)

·
Registered
77 Posts
oh my god!, today i posted this problem too. and for me as wel it only hapeened once too, i didnt try to put the key in the door, after pressing the key, i pulled ont he drivers door handle nd then tried pressing again, it work on say the 4th time. and working perfectly since.

situation was, my car was in the car park, underneath a metal and concrete roof surrounded by cars on all sides and it was raining outside

How about your situation, similar.... i had replies saying maybe it was confused by so much metal and other cars....?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was in the petrol station that I use all the time and the sun was shining and I tried the key fob about 12 - 15 times before it opened and turned the key about 6 times but there was nothing which is why I checked I had the right car !!

Seems all right now too but if it happens again I will have to get it looked at as I am going away in a week and dont want anything going wrong with it whilst on holiday.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is a new one isnt it, I hadnt read anything about such a thing happening in the forums before. I havent tried to shoot my car from far away yet, maybe the signal from the key is real weak. I was standing right next to it at the time though, must check it out later....hmm

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmm - not the same thing - they all unlocked theirs manually I couldnt even do that :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
This happened to my Dad a lot in his Mazda6.

A friend of his who works as a car mechanic for Ford told him that some petrol stations emit microwave fields around the pumps to cancel out any mobile phone transmitting to avoid any problems. However, this has a tendancy to play havok with most car alarms/immobilisors.

My dad had it a couple of times using the same petrol station and has since used a different one without any problems.

Not necessarily a conclusive answer but just a thought!?

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
mobile phone masts can also give the same symtoms of being locked out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
happened to me yesterday. but then i tried it with the spare key i got lying around and it worked. then i tried my key again immediately and it worked...

·
Old enough to know better
125 Posts
"I just filled my car up at the petrol station, went to get back in to it and it wouldnt open, no sound when I pressed the key fob even though the little red light was showing, I tried turning the key to open the door and nothing!!!"

Have this problem occasionally. I have to get very close to the car and point the key to the front and it usually opens fairly quickly. However, now the interesting bit, when the car does this, I can guarantee that my wireless front door bell won't work.
So the moral of the story is, radio interference!
My daughter drove her Megane round once when this had happened and she could not get back into the car. I had to use the emergency key and a complicated reset technique.
I am thinking of having the appropriate authority chase down the culprit with tracking equipment, I have shut down all my wireless stuff and that makes no difference.
Regards
Tony:confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts