2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Locking a car without engaging alarm?

Alarm 
4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  mpn_daedalus 
#1 ·
Hiya,

Is there anyways to lock the civic without the alarm coming on? If I pop into a shop briefly and leave my dog in the car I come out to a siren and flashing lights everytime! :D

This is the culprit!:

Please note, he IS fully grown...and NO he will never grow into them ears! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Get out of car and hold the door handle out (as if opening the door) then whilst holding it out lean into the car and pull the lock button (as if you were locking from inside the car) then close the door keeping door handle out.

Lights just flash three times confirming exterior alarm is on but internal is off.

Hope that makes sense! :p

#4 ·
Get out of car and hold the door handle out (as if opening the door) then whilst holding it out lean into the car and pull the lock button (as if you were locking from inside the car) then close the door keeping door handle out.

Lights just flash three times confirming exterior alarm is on but internal is off.

Hope that makes sense! :p
Sort of :D :D I'll give it a go! Cheers fella.

I was shocked when my insurance company declined to lower my premiums having that beast in my car! :D

#14 ·
think yourself lucky with the nissan system you need to turn key on/off 2 or 3 times before leaving car to dis-able ultrasonics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.