2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, had 4 new tyres fitted at my local national tyre centre and the guy noticed I was missing the front driver side locking nut.

It must have somehow come loose and fallen off, god knows how long I've been driving with just four nuts.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyway, this is going on my weekly/monthly car check list.

Heed my words, learn from my mistakes, check your nuts regularly!!!

The wise man learns from his mistakes, the wiser man learns from others mistakes.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fair enough.... is it the locking nuts? or just one of the other normal nuts?
someone might have tried to nick YOUR wheels
Its the locking nut.

Possibly you might be right. Thieves aren't the brightest, hence why they steel. They did all the hard work removing the locking nut but couldn't be bothered with the other 4.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I lost one after a cinema visit.... Other front one was loose.... IMO think they did their job at slowing thieves!! £48 ex vat from honda to replace is better than 4 new wheels and underside damage.

Shame they cant supply 1 nut from the locking key number pattern tho :(

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
agreeed someone might have had an attempt at knickng your alloys . what wheels do you have out of interest? rages as your avatar says CTR?

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
agreeed someone might have had an attempt at knickng your alloys . what wheels do you have out of interest? rages as your avatar says CTR?
I've got the stock 18" wheels.

I had a good look around the wheel, can't see any other tamper marks, maybe the thief was careful.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where abouts do you live? I have a good friend who's in Liverpool Police and he has never in 10 years in the job heard of alloy wheels been stolen off a car!
I'm from accrington mate.

I don't think there's a logical explanation here, nuts just don't come off but on the other side if someone was knicking them surely they've done the hard work and may as well finish the job.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
I've got the stock 18" wheels.

I had a good look around the wheel, can't see any other tamper marks, maybe the thief was careful.
there wont be any marks if he jammed a socket size one up from your locking nut and un done it

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Where abouts do you live? I have a good friend who's in Liverpool Police and he has never in 10 years in the job heard of alloy wheels been stolen off a car!
huh what planet is he on , what about all the bentleys wheels in london stolen rrp 500 each in the news .. thats £2000 for few mins work

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.