2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weirdly I got back to the car tonight and it wouldn't unlock using the buttons on the key (no sign of battery getting weaker over last few days).
I used the good old fashioned method of key into the lock which opened the car but set the alarm off....I even started the car while the alarm was going off. After about 30 second I turned the engine off and alarm stopped then instantly restarted going off again. At which point the buttond on the key decide to start working again! I managed to lock and unlock the car 4 times and no problems since.... Its all kinda weird

Its a 2007 1.8 EX, anyone else had this?

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought key fob but its been fine since. The last time it did this I was parked outside the maternity hospital when my daughter came home back in September. Both me and the Vauxhall next to me wouldn't lock for 5 mins.

And regarding interferance, it was parked in the middle of a park&ride site (I'm anal enough to park in the same spot everyday) with only streetlights as the only electrical thing near the car.

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
I thought key fob but its been fine since. The last time it did this I was parked outside the maternity hospital when my daughter came home back in September. Both me and the Vauxhall next to me wouldn't lock for 5 mins.

And regarding interferance, it was parked in the middle of a park&ride site (I'm anal enough to park in the same spot everyday) with only streetlights as the only electrical thing near the car.
2 cars same location shows its interference and I assure you radio waves you can not see

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I'm sure there is a method of killing the alarm if you open via the key? Not got the manual to hand atm.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
my 2007 civic does the same , about once a month my car wont unlock using the remote , i open using the key and all works again ? just got used to it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same here but I find just inserting and withdrawing the key in to the door makes it work again. Dunno why.

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts