2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I queried this on an earlier thread without any response, so thought I'd raise it again as a new topic.

In the' SERVICE BOOK' on page 34 (last paragraph) it mentions a sticker which shows the locking wheel nut key number and it should be with the key itself in the toolbag.
Has anyone actually had one of these stickers with their car since there was not one with mine ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bassa,

Never heard of one, and I'm pretty picky about giving my clients all of the info possible.

I will check tomorrow, have an ex going out.

Martin

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think that I have one, a small piece of plastic with a four digit code. It was with the four wheel nuts that had been taken off and put into the locking nut container.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Incidentally be interested to hear where people keep the locking nut. Along with the rest of the kit needed to change a wheel ? Presumably with the gunk kit you could keep it out of the vehicle and at home say. Problem would be if you did need to change it where the gunk wouldn't temporarily fix the problem.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Honda100 said:
I think that I have one, a small piece of plastic with a four digit code. It was with the four wheel nuts that had been taken off and put into the locking nut container.
Thanks, I've been wondering what it was for. Mine was left in the small storage compartment just in front of the gear lever. Nowhere near the wheelnut container!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I have a credit card sized Honda Key Codecard , eight numbers, which was in the black wallet for the service book etc.
Thats for the wheelnut.

And in the service book there is a keycode, letter and numbers, which is for the ignition key.

I keep the wheelnut key, wrapped in a bit of bubble wrap, to stop it rattling.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The credit card sized 'Honda Key Codecard' which is an 8 digit number is the locking wheel nut key code.

The 'key number' written in the service book - 4 digit number prefixed by a letter is the ignition/door key code.

Going back to the SERVICE BOOK, have a look at the last paragraph on page 34 - it mentions a locking wheel nut key code on a sticker. This is in addition to the Codecard but of course, should be the same number.
Has anyone found this sticker with their locking wheel nut key ?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
elfa7 said:
I have a credit card sized Honda Key Codecard , eight numbers, which was in the black wallet for the service book etc.
Thats for the wheelnut.

And in the service book there is a keycode, letter and numbers, which is for the ignition key.

I keep the wheelnut key, ****************************************.
elfa - you might want to edit your post, with this being an open forum and all, and not all that many Civics around at the moment... :)

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
The only info. that I have re. the wheelnut key, is the number on the "credit card".

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi elfa7
Did you read the paragraph in the service book?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi Bassa, yes I replied just above you. No other sticker re. the wheelnut lock.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems that bit in the service book is a bit fictional then.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I suppose if we all put the non-existent sticker in the glove box, they'll be happy. !! :lol:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
elfa7 said:
I suppose if we all put the non-existent sticker in the glove box, they'll be happy. !! :lol:
I've got one in mine. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not wishing to be rude, you know where you can stick it.

Wonder if there's any on e bay?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
richierich said:
elfa7 said:
I've got one in mine. :lol: :lol:
I actually need to remember this thread, I don't have my car at the moment, so can't actually check I have the right details etc. or any in fact. But I do know I have one of those non-existent stickers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Richie
Did you first find it in the toolbag with the wheel nut key?

Sounds like Cluedo.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Just found mine, still with the key socket in the plastic packaging it came in although the 'credit card' is in fact a piece of heavy weight paper :roll:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, that's 2 have it & 2 don't - does that mean it's a score draw!

OR the Honda Service Book (page 34) is only half right?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bassa,

Checked this on a car that went out yesterday, couldn't find the thread yesterday.

Looking at the key code card, it seems that the number (julian code/ date etc) is a sticker.

This may be it.

Going to check on other cars as they go out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts