2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do not "Log Out" is there a time limit etc before you are logged out or do you just stay logged in until>.............?

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
As long as the cookie exists on your machine, you should stay logged in. Not quite sure why you would want to log out, unless you are on a shared machine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to work out what the "log me on automatically each visit" tick box does.
Does not seem to make a lot of difference

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
SUPERTEACH said:
Just trying to work out what the "log me on automatically each visit" tick box does.
Does not seem to make a lot of difference
If you don't have that on, then you should eventually get logged out. Pottsy will know the timings.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
If I leave myself with a minimised IE window on here, overnight with my laptop still running (as I am wont to do if I forget to close the lid), does it look as if I've been here for days? :D :oops:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
No, if you do nothing for more than 5 minutes, it thinks you have gone (you are "inactive"). But so long as your browser remains open, you stay logged in (for the duration of the cookie). But if you have the "log in automatically" thing ticked, it will invisibly log you in again when you come back in the morning and do something, so it looks like you've been logged in all the time.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.
I might leave it logged in all the time now
(will not have to open the fridge door to see if the light is on type of idea)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Pottsy said:
No, if you do nothing for more than 5 minutes, it thinks you have gone (you are "inactive"). But so long as your browser remains open, you stay logged in (for the duration of the cookie). But if you have the "log in automatically" thing ticked, it will invisibly log you in again when you come back in the morning and do something, so it looks like you've been logged in all the time.
phew!

nice one Pottsy, cheers :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts