2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am not one to post a lot of threads on this site however I have researched it extensively, particuliar with rattles, creeks and the rest..... Finally as of today I have got my car back and its now better than the first day i picked it up (59 FN2) gt. The list of problems I have had are as follows and how they were put right.

1) Plastic glass which covers rev display can make a very high pitch noise. This was found to be misaligned felt pads on the dash which causes two types of plastic to rub together. This was fixed by spraying a little silicon spray at both sides of the plastic glass. The noise makes it disappear in seconds. This has been good for 10 months now:eek:

2) Boot rattle and rear seat rattle whilst driving on rough roads, fixed by wrapping some duct tape around the tailgate latch and the seat latches to prevent the plastic rattling against the metal. This may need replacing every few months depending on usage.

3) Rusty break callipars, use wire brush and brake clean and apply some hammarite colour of your choice with a small detailing brush and they look the business.

4) Creaky back end. Took to dealers and found to be broken spring and shock replaced under warrenty. Caused by pothole.

5) Clicking / crunchy clutch peddle - Took to dealers and they replaced master cylinder.

6) Clicking whilst brakeing, turning and accerlating only happended once in a whille - Took to dealers and they found to be the subframe. Honda have released a recall on this and it involves applying some special greese to the subframe and retighing the bolts.

7) Rattle from dashboard - Took to dealers not sure where it was in dash but the dealer said they applied foam padding to the back of the rev display unit and this has cured it.

8) Fuel gauge - goes down to quick, not found a fix for this yet:rolleyes:

Hope this helps anyone that has the above problems, I wasn't sure on taking it to the dealers but glad I did and now I have a silent FN2:p

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
don't think number six is a recall i was led to believe it was a service bulletin,i had to pay for this service on the last civic i owned but let me know if its changed from a service bulletin and is now a recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts