2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after sitting here reading about the CC wo's and the suspension and the filler cap I decided it was time to do something, just phoned the dealer with the following list of problems.

1. Faulty fuel filler
2. Knocking at rear on first start in a morning - even after rear shock replacement
3. Squeaking drivers window when lowered in damp conditions
4. Condensation in rear indicator cluster
5. Air Con gets cold after 1/2 hours driving
6. Drivers door sometimes feels stiff, as if it has dropped slightly
7. Passenger side front door handle has a very jerky mechanism, not as smooth as drivers side
8. Paint is chipping far too easy, is it up to specification?

The response?

New parts will be ordered for 1, 3 & 4, unlikely to need inspection prior to work being done.

All other issues will be inspected and any work advised.

Once the parts are in they will make an appointment for me. Thank you Johnsons!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
So, after sitting here reading about the CC wo's and the suspension and the filler cap I decided it was time to do something, just phoned the dealer with the following list of problems.

1. Faulty fuel filler
2. Knocking at rear on first start in a morning - even after rear shock replacement
7. Passenger side front door handle has a very jerky mechanism, not as smooth as drivers side

The response?

New parts will be ordered for 1, 3 & 4, unlikely to need inspection prior to work being done.

All other issues will be inspected and any work advised.

Once the parts are in they will make an appointment for me. Thank you Johnsons!

Hmm i have a remarkably similar list....
1. Faulty fuel filler
2. Knocking at rear on first start in a morning
3. Air Con gets cold after 1/2 hours driving
4. Passenger side front door handle has a very jerky mechanism, not as smooth as drivers side

and the results so far (Fish Brothers Honda - Swindon) 2/4 so far...

1 Inspected and booked in for replacement with new part
2 Not shocks but no clear answer
3 No answer yet but to be fuly tested when its in for filler cap
4 Fixed by strip and grease

We shall see on the 12 Mrch how they get on with the other two items....but first service done OK and cleaned inside and out :D

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the car in this morning, the responses from the techy who went over it with me are below. Will post with further update once collected.

1. Faulty fuel filler

Must have replaced hundreds, seems to work though. Knows nothing about the spring clip

If it only does it once after sitting for a while I wouldn't be too worried about it, could just be the bushes need time to warm up and get more flexible.

Couldn't replicate the fault, probably just the weather strips rubbing, if we have the parts we might replace it.

Will be replaced.

Will stick the computer on it and see if theres a fault, might be worth getting some actual figures from a thermometer.

Nothing wrong with that, shuts like a dream. Will have a look.

These handles are a poor design anyway, will have a look.

Thats not for me to do, will have to get the bodyshop to look at it.

See what happens when I collect it later. One funny thing though, they gave me a Civic Hybrid as a courtesy car, eco-friendly, seats are covered in several cows, surely an eco-friendly car should not be available with leather seats, how friendly is that!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts

Will stick the computer on it and see if theres a fault, might be worth getting some actual figures from a thermometer.
NOW I'm worried :eek:

I'm giving the same advice as a Honda [smilie=fixtit.gif] *gulp*

One funny thing though, they gave me a Civic Hybrid as a courtesy car, eco-friendly, seats are covered in several cows, surely an eco-friendly car should not be available with leather seats, how friendly is that!
:lol:!

·
Registered
201 Posts
See what happens when I collect it later. One funny thing though, they gave me a Civic Hybrid as a courtesy car, eco-friendly, seats are covered in several cows, surely an eco-friendly car should not be available with leather seats, how friendly is that!
Surely if more cows are used in cars there are less around to fart and generate more methane leading to global warming! There you go - super eco-friendly [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surely if more cows are used in cars there are less around to fart and generate more methane leading to global warming! There you go - super eco-friendly [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Damnit, my argument was torn apart, you are the 2nd person to use just that argument. Well done Honda!!

So back to the list of problems.

1. Faulty fuel filler

Has been replaced with new style, works okay so far, no damage round bodywork. The spring fix is apparantly not a Honda fix, but a dealer fix from the North somewhere, apparantly the spring is fitted on Civics from a few years back.

Checked, found nothing. Monitor situation.

Replaced

Replaced

Checked, nothing wrong with it, sensors given a clean. Asked me to monitor and try and record some temperatures.

Checked, seems okay

Checked, seems okay. I think they may have greased something.

Layer on passenger side is thicker than drivers side of bonnet, not sure if it is in spec, put this to Honda.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Checked, seems okay. I think they may have greased something.

Hmmmmm i thought my passenger door handle was a bit jerky, i took it in to my dealer & they said there was something different with handle compared to the drivers side & other cars in the showroom, they "adjusted it inside" TBH I couldnt really tell the difference
but i have noticed the drivers one seems smoother than it was, it could be it because it is used more that the passenger one:?:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just been out to the car, and guess what........... condensation in the newly replaced rear indicator lights, not a lot at the moment, will monitor and see what happens. Anyone else had them replaced and retained the problem?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also noticed whilts out at Autoglass that the rear left is making a noise over speed bumps. Popped in to Johnsons in Kidlington on the way home, they sent me out with a Techy over some humps, he agreed there was a noise, put it up on a ramp, tightened everything up and the noise has gone. Another well done to Johnsons, and they sent me a lovely letter this morning thanking me for using them.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Filled up with diesel today, and took me 10 goes at getting the fuel cap open. Fix, what fix.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hmm i have a remarkably similar list....
1. Faulty fuel filler
2. Knocking at rear on first start in a morning
3. Air Con gets cold after 1/2 hours driving
4. Passenger side front door handle has a very jerky mechanism, not as smooth as drivers side

and the results so far (Fish Brothers Honda - Swindon) 2/4 so far...

1 Inspected and booked in for replacement with new part
2 Not shocks but no clear answer
3 No answer yet but to be fuly tested when its in for filler cap
4 Fixed by strip and grease

We shall see on the 12 Mrch how they get on with the other two items....but first service done OK and cleaned inside and out :D

1. New filler cap release installed... will check when empty at the end of the week

2. Drivers side rear spring reversed (!) can make knock if not correctly installed

3. Tested - no specific fault found but adjusted (Not sure what they adjusted if they did not find a fault ? )

Also had radio update done .... will see if it improves ... :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts