2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls, at 9am tomorrow morning I will be picking up my 2006 2.2CTDI Silver Civic ES. I have been lurking on the forum for about 12 months as I was meant to be getting a brand new Civic as a company car but it didnt work out in the end.

Anyway hello and congratulations on such a great forum.

I have some questions to ask. I ideally wanted an EX mainly for the satnav but I got the ES at such a great price I figured i can add those myself and still be quids in.

Is there anyway I can get a second hand satnav and retro fit it?

If the answer is no I have seen a pioneer double din nav with bluetooth but the double din adapter thing is £200!!! is this really the only option/price?

thanks in advance for your help

regards
Kevlo

p.s I dont pick the car up tomorrow so pics will follow. I have some subtle mods planned too so I imagine I will be popping up all over the forum :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply. I do this at the moment in my other car but I would prefer a better solution. In addition I need bluetooth so I would hope to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hello & welcome :)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Hi Kevlo and welcome to the best place in town.
It has been retro fitted by one or two on here I believe, but it's a lot of work, hassle and expense if you are not into that type of thing.
I would stay with your phone or Tom Tom, as when you sell the car, it won't add to the value that much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks for your input. I think an oem sat nav install is off the cards like you say its a lot of hassle. However the double din aftermarket headunit is a good option i think. Does anyone know of a cheaper double din conversion kit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts