2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:yesterday... i parked my CTR in the southampton high street.. one hour later... got back to my car and it was like this!....:oops::oops:
Image083.jpg

Image084.jpg

Image085.jpg

an un-insure driver reversed into my car !!!
dont know what to do now!..

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Personally, unless you have a protected no claims, bite the bullet and fix it yourself and curse the ground...

Someone drove into me while i was reversing in the works carpark, they were going to quickly and not paying attention, I still got the blame because my insurer just said o well you were reversing... I am livid plus no protected no claims means £2000 premium next year... Balls.

Hope you get it sorted though!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Who are you insured with again? Some companies let you keep your no claims nowadays if you've been hit by an uninsured driver and don't have your NCB protected.

I take it you have details of the uninsured driver?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, unless you have a protected no claims, bite the bullet and fix it yourself and curse the ground...

Someone drove into me while i was reversing in the works carpark, they were going to quickly and not paying attention, I still got the blame because my insurer just said o well you were reversing... I am livid plus no protected no claims means £2000 premium next year... Balls.

Hope you get it sorted though!
just been to the dealer and they told me it should cost 700 to fix it for everything!...:( and i dont have a protected no claims....so better just pay it my self!............:oops::oops:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very sorry to see the damage. Is the street covered by CCTV? If so maybe there's some evidence of who did the damage.
nope... no cctv near there at all!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who are you insured with again? Some companies let you keep your no claims nowadays if you've been hit by an uninsured driver and don't have your NCB protected.

I take it you have details of the uninsured driver?
i called my insurance company up this morning ... and they said i can cover it,, but you wont have you NCB.... as its my first year...so i need to keep the NCB lo!...just really unlucky i would say!.. and its the day after my birthday!>..:oops::oops::oops::oops:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are there any houses that overlook where your car was? I'd knock on a few doors and see if anyone saw anything if there is.
there arent any hourses...its a road next to a park!..

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you'll have to pay up yourself then.:(

yes !.. you are right!.. there is nothing i can do!..i was gonna spend that money on a good header!!...but now!.. no chance!..:oops::oops::oops::oops:

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Oh man i feel your pain... I had a quote of £850 quid, to repair but they haven't taken the bumper off yet... My advice would be not to ask the Stealers, see if you have a nice independent place and get a quote from them... Check out Admiral's 10month bonus accel... thing as well. could be a help... but if you can pay yourself... it's a son of a Bi£ch pill to swallow but, probably worth it for the insurance saving...

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
So I am guessing that you are assuming that this was an uninsured driver? Do you have any details at all?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man i feel your pain... I had a quote of £850 quid, to repair but they haven't taken the bumper off yet... My advice would be not to ask the Stealers, see if you have a nice independent place and get a quote from them... Check out Admiral's 10month bonus accel... thing as well. could be a help... but if you can pay yourself... it's a son of a Bi£ch pill to swallow but, probably worth it for the insurance saving...
yer!,,, all im worry is just the insurance for next year!.. because i think i can save that money up from the insurance next year!..i know its a lot of money!>...but i cant blame on anyone... just unlucky i can say!...:oops:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I am guessing that you are assuming that this was an uninsured driver? Do you have any details at all?
oh well... i ran to my car when i saw this happened... and then i went up to her and asked her whos car is it? and she said its my friends car, not mine!... and then i went; are you insure on this car? and she said no and then i went back to my car and try to put all the stuff i brought... as soon as i walked off... she started driving... i ran in my car try to stop her... but at that time i had to do a 3 points turn... so i couldnt stop her or see her number plate ...............:oops::oops::oops:

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
If (as it looks) it's just a bumper and outer wing and a wheel trim, I'm pretty confident that the costs won't be high - and of course best done 'privately', if possible ...

Either way, if it had been me, I'd be busy "chewing gravel" right now ...

Whatever, you have my deepest sympathy !!! ...

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I have just scanned the posts but have you phoned the police ?

It is deemed a Hit and run if the driver has not left any details
there may be witnesses to the incident and you could claim from thethird parties insurance

Yes it is a long shot but still worth reporting it !

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have just scanned the posts but have you phoned the police ?

It is deemed a Hit and run if the driver has not left any details
there may be witnesses to the incident and you could claim from thethird parties insurance

Yes it is a long shot but still worth reporting it !
thanks for telling... i will try my best anyway!.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts