2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dutch
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing Parsco's grounding kit, when a bolt fell down in the engine bay,

I take a look underneath and felt something, hmm strange, (the last time a brought my car for a issue by the Honda dealer, there suddenly was a new fuse desk, strange but maybe broker or something)

but the desk was inside! I putted the car on stands and found this!

I think that this is unacceptable

The grounding kit is working great by the way!

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Is that the old fuse box cover they dropped in the engine bay? Looks like it got hot from the exhaust while it was down there. Well done on finding it!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Yes it is, :worms:

It was a hell of a job at 23:00 lying under the car :cool:
Wow thats amazing how the hell did they drop that in your engine bay. Hey I reckon you may be a lot more lucky than you think because that could of done some really bad damage or maybe start a fire. Glad u found it before anything worse happend. Have you complained?;)

·
Dutch
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thats amazing how the hell did they drop that in your engine bay. Hey I reckon you may be a lot more lucky than you think because that could of done some really bad damage or maybe start a fire. Glad u found it before anything worse happend. Have you complained?;)

Will call them tomorrow I wonder what kind of story they come up with ;)

Keep u posted!

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
do you recognise that fuse box cover. its got distinctive ornage/red stickers on it . in that case, was it previously yours ? that would have confirmed if tyou suddenly had a new fuse box cover/ or missing red/orange stickers.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I called them today, and they told me:

No sir that part was already missing (they replaced it for free without telling hmm strange)

But I know for sure that they have done this, but fortunately I have got it out now :)
Sorry to hear that fella, just like the other guys above I think they are taking the mick. At least you found it before it could of done more damage. I can't stand companys who don't admit to mistakes. I am not saying you should expect mistakes but if you make a mistake your better off admitting to it as you still gain some respect. Of course I also expect a job to be done correctly in the first place and that is why companys put staff of courses etc.. to learn and be better lol. Anyway I'll get of my soapbox anyone still awake! lol.;)

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
tsk....tsk....

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Could be worse. My girlfriends auntie took her old dawoo matiz to chevy for a service and airbox repair. Somehow they have written off the engine. (am guessing they dropped something down the air intake ) they're saying the car is unfixable.
Credit to them they have owned up and are offering her massive discount on a new one. ( and by massive i mean alot more than her dawoo is worth) they have also given her a courtesy car while they all come to an agreement. I've told he to push for a new matiz free!

Sent by me, using tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
i just dropped something down my engine bay :( how did you manage to just remove the bottom panel? is it possible without removing the front bumper?

·
Dutch
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just dropped something down my engine bay :( how did you manage to just remove the bottom panel? is it possible without removing the front bumper?
Sorry didn't saw your message till now, already solved it??
Just jacked the car up and unscrew some screws underneath very easy:)

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I once found a mechanics led torch inside my bumper (big torch) while installing my HID's!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts