2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya guys

So a few months back I was considering getting rid of THE BLACK for something different. She ahs served me well and I love her but I was thing we have done a fair wack of miles together 108k all together.

So i started shopping around and I really wanted a scirocco (well I thought I did) until I drove a MKVI GTI:facepalm: I mean wow. So I had to decide and I did keep THE BLACK (for my wife);) and buy RED for me:cool:

Secretly it means I can load the miles onto the CTS GT and use the golf now and again lol

anyway some snaps

Here's one of my bosses 911 with RED

Oh yeah and some snaps of THE BLACK

·
regrets his username
7,983 Posts
Didn't you fancy a type r, I went the opposite way mk5 golf to a civic and it wasn't till I did this I realised how heavy and boring the golf is, comfy yes but no fun at all to drive saying that I wouldn't mind an r32 to play around with

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Yes looking good fella, needs a good polish to get rid of the swirls

Try looking for some mk6 alloys way nicer and they won't corode as them alloys you have are only polishe alloy with lacquer very nice though

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. Now get some money spent on the civic. ;)
Thanks Staffs..... I have put a shed of cash on maintaining it so couldn't really afford much else she had 4 services this year alone due to the miles I was doing!!!

Didn't you fancy a type r, I went the opposite way mk5 golf to a civic and it wasn't till I did this I realised how heavy and boring the golf is, comfy yes but no fun at all to drive saying that I wouldn't mind an r32 to play around with
I did but the damn Honda recaros are just not as nice as the dub one IMO. The car is more comfortable like you said and on the right road sounds very very nice. It was also too good a deal to miss.

Very nice esse, needs a machine polish to get rid of those swirls ;)
True dat Wayne.... Will drop you a pm for a quote my friend.

Very nice mate, looks good in red! :cool:

Not a fan of the chrome wheels :(
The wheels are hit and miss and TBH they have grown on me.

loose the alloys and she's a treat matey
I have seen some other alloys and might give them a go.

Yes looking good fella, needs a good polish to get rid of the swirls

Try looking for some mk6 alloys way nicer and they won't corode as them alloys you have are only polishe alloy with lacquer very nice though
Yeah the swirls are much and I am looking at having her done (just need to save up) been an expensive year for me got married in October!!!

The alloys are MKVI alloys they are actually upgrade wheels from the standard 17s

Thanks for all the comments guys

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TSI to TDI

So it's been a while and a lot has happened since my last post.

My civic is on the mend pics to follow and my beloved red (MKVI GTI) has now gone to a new home. That being said I had to replace her and as of Saturday I am now the new owner of a 2010 Seat Leon FR.

Specs:

1 Former Keeper
White
2.0 Diesel
170BHP
258lbs ft
18" Black alloys
Rear Parking Sensors
Auto Dim Rear View Mirror
USB/Aux (Full Ipod Connection)
Bluetooth Prep
Rear Tinted Windows
Auto Folding Mirrors
RCD 310 with 8 speaker sound system
Dual Climate Control
Auto Lights
Auto Wipers

There are other things on her that I can't remember but I am certain they will come to me soon enough.

Best of all is she can do 55+ MPG which is great when work is 45 miles away.

Will post some pics tonight

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice indeed, have you been to see Wayne yet to get rid of those swirls?
Thanks mate ..... GTI is gone now sold it px'd on Saturday for my FR.

White doesnt swirl.... internet fact!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
That is why I bought white that and the fact that the wife said it had to be white lol.

Still hoping to go and see Wayne sometime and get some tender loving care given to my new baby.

Have to say she drives very differently to the GTI (no surprise there) but she is more comfier despite having the same components underneath.

Was gonna buy a GTD but felt like it was trying too hard to be a GTI hence didn't like it besides the the FR has more toys and makes for a better daily driver.

Found out today it also has a hill hold feature.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts