2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a Type R the last week or so, think I may have found one that fits the spec I was looking for.

Few questions I hope someone could help me with - I was told after a certain date the civics come with HID's / with the washer jets to make them legal? is it exactly date specific or purely just hit and miss then.

To those who have the LSD option and have had an FN2 without it - do you notice a massive difference?

And finally can I ask what you all average on Fuel? I'm not buying for economy don't get me wrong but obviously just trying to get a rough idea of what you get to a tank / how much it costs you to fill up etc.

Appreciate any help you can all give me :)

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Been looking for a Type R the last week or so, think I may have found one that fits the spec I was looking for.

Few questions I hope someone could help me with - I was told after a certain date the civics come with HID's / with the washer jets to make them legal? is it exactly date specific or purely just hit and miss then.

To those who have the LSD option and have had an FN2 without it - do you notice a massive difference?

And finally can I ask what you all average on Fuel? I'm not buying for economy don't get me wrong but obviously just trying to get a rough idea of what you get to a tank / how much it costs you to fill up etc.

Hids washer jets 2009, be careful as you will get 08's registered in 09. You can tell by looking at the bumper if it has two little covers then it has washer jets.

LSD does make a difference, everybody who has fitted one loves it.

I get roughly 28.2mpg.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hids washer jets 2009, be careful as you will get 08's registered in 09. You can tell by looking at the bumper if it has two little covers then it has washer jets.

LSD does make a difference, everybody who has fitted one loves it.

I get roughly 28.2mpg.

correction, four altogether.

Before flashpro custom map 27mpg

after map 32 :D

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts

I drive 6 miles a day for work, I average around 22-23mpg 220-240 miles a tank, £60 for a full tank.

You can get 35-42mpg on long trips if you use cruise control. Which is around 350 miles per tank.

However I've had as low as 15mpg :p

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
You should get 30+mpg on a nice long run and say mid 20's around town. My FN2 used to get 280-330 miles to a tank.

If you cant get one with an LSD make sure its on your mod list makes the car completly change.
Also just to let you know this forum will cost you a lot of money on mods ;)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You should get 30+mpg on a nice long run and say mid 20's around town. My FN2 used to get 280-330 miles to a tank.

If you cant get one with an LSD make sure its on your mod list makes the car completly change.
Also just to let you know this forum will cost you a lot of money on mods ;)
I'm only doing 21 mpg around town in traffic, and around 27 mpg on the motorways. Of course it depends on how you drive, if you keep to around 60-70 mph you may get 34 mpg, any higher forget about it!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I don't know what you guys do to your cars lol I get 31 on average and managed 425 miles out of a tank on a long motorway journey....normally average between 310 and 325 out of a tank mixed driving with quite a bit of motorway driving

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
it depends on your driving style and your usual journeys. i would get around 20mpg from a ctr i reckon as thats what i got from my tsport corolla, i only get high 30's from my derv where other members report 50mpg. get a my10 or a cw if you can the lsd makes a difference have a look at recorded lap times for the cw vs another to see

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
I'm only doing 21 mpg around town in traffic, and around 27 mpg on the motorways. Of course it depends on how you drive, if you keep to around 60-70 mph you may get 34 mpg, any higher forget about it!
Higher is achieveable i got 37+ from my door to brands hatch 490 miles away and only used a tank and maybe a third

·
Vendor
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Started something with the whole MPG thing haha ;) petrol doesnt seem too bad i have a car with similar power at the moment currently got a corsa VXR.

May have one with the right spec and all going well will know tomorrow.

Is there anything i should look out for when viewing the car?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Stone chips is a pita on these cars as already stated! Other than that if you are going for 10 plate your car will still be in warranty so the niggly thing will be sorted by honda.
I take it your not coming to view my car,so good luck finding what you are after!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.