2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm looking for an exhaust however I am not too sure what to get. I have an Tegiwa intake kit which was purchased as it isn't as load as most out there, doesn't suffer from heat soak and has reasonable gains (as demonstrated by the Mugen it copied) and I am looking for a common sense exhaust based on this sort of way of thinking.

I'm looking for reasonably loud but I don't want an horrific cherry bomb strapped to the back of my car.

It needs to be able to fit with the stock triangles in place, twin outlet preferred but single considered and without going into the cliche of Jap car in "the fast and the furious" I must admit that I did find some of the civics on there sounded reasonable even though they appeared to be some of the most hideous vehicles ever created visually.

So spec me up!

I'm not really looking to spend more that £1000 however it could be considered.

Links to product appreciated just so I know what I am looking at it actually what has been suggested rather than a google search fail :)

Thanks

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
For your budget; the Tegiwa makes sense

If you dont want the the Martelius is good, and loud :p
Martelius are users on here (search on here) Price is £550 delivered iirc

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok if I was to go custom, where would I be best starting off and who would be the best bet to approach?

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andrew if you fancy listening to our exhaust in person we are only in stoke

I'm sure Johnny would take you out in his :)
I saw Johnnys car when I last popped in to buy some bits and heard it burble away which I admit was nice.. If hes willing to go "on it" for a mad few seconds then count me in for a brief appearance around lunch :)

Got a chap with a Miltek showing me his (with your intake kit) on Sat so i will atleast be able to make up my mind by then on what I do thanks

Andy

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
My thoughts would be the Tegiwa Cat Back. Priced right and..
TEGIWA CAT BACK EXHAUST HONDA CIVIC TYPE R FN2 07-11

Purely because its "based" on exhausts from jap tunning houses, which must mean the design has been tested and proven?

eg
B Pipe - Civic FN2

FUJITSUBO Power Getter Exhaust Muffler Honda Civic Type-R Euro FN2

Remember anyone can weld some pipes together add a backbox and call it a custom system.. but its not.

With a real custom system (at a real tuners) they would require your car for a period of time and make prototypes and flow test each tweak until its perfect and making the power in the places its designed to...

I dont think that comes cheap though ;)

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hi mate,

I would personally recommend a Milltek Non Res catback.

It's not too loud (unless you get a race manifold). It gives an immense noise at low revs when you underload and also when your in vtec it screams. Also on down changes etc it pops and bangs.

Value for money i'd recommend the milltek.

My car gets more than a few compliments on the noise.

You can pick up a good second hand one for around £300-400 i think.

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi mate,

I would personally recommend a Milltek Non Res catback.

It's not too loud (unless you get a race manifold). It gives an immense noise at low revs when you underload and also when your in vtec it screams. Also on down changes etc it pops and bangs.

Value for money i'd recommend the milltek.

My car gets more than a few compliments on the noise.

You can pick up a good second hand one for around £300-400 i think.
new are only £500 + fitting, £595 with the 90mm tips so not too bad, still, need to see the Tegiwa one when I can grab myself 5 minutes :)

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I've had both the miltek non res and the single exit Tegiwa. Out of the 2 I would go with the Tegiwa as I found on long runs around 70-80mph the miltek droned and was starting to annoy me. Build quality of the 2 is very good and now that the Tegiwa has bedded in it sounds really nice plus you will save some weight being single exit :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Another vote for the Milltek, simply for the sound. It's perfect IMO. Got mine for £250 second hand, but it might be a good idea to buy new for the warranty.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Don't buy powerflow, the welding is rubbish they don't last and I'm sure it's made a cheap grade of mild steel even though they claim it's made from grade 304. Only thing is you get a life time warranty. Tegiwa sounds like a good all rounder, not sure about the fit though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts