2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking for a Grand Prix front and rear splitter, doesnt matter the colour as my brother is a spray painter.

There used to be a shop on ebay that sold for £339.00 but has now put his price up to nearly £600!

Does anyone know where I can get the kit cheaper or is anyone selling even individualy?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I bought mine from Holdcroft honda when they were selling cheap on eBay.
There is a group buy just in the group buy section where u can get them slightly cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Chris, I was the same! They used to sell the odd colours for £169! There's a group buy on just now but to be honest your still going to be paying near enough £600 for them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris, I was the same! They used to sell the odd colours for £169! There's a group buy on just now but to be honest your still going to be paying near enough £600 for them.
I know I seen the group buy but and it's still shockingly over priced, what if we asked the shop on eBay if we could do a group buy with them? If they can sell for that low price before then surely they can do it again, especially with the assurance of selling a good number of units.

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Holdcroft Honda was the eBay seller doing crazy offers on eBay... Same company we're using for our group buy. I've been in close contact with them for the past three weeks, and it seems VERY unlikely they will be doing a better price than the one offered on the group buy, so seems like you'll have to buy a second hand one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holdcroft Honda was the eBay seller doing crazy offers on eBay... Same company we're using for our group buy. I've been in close contact with them for the past three weeks, and it seems VERY unlikely they will be doing a better price than the one offered on the group buy, so seems like you'll have to buy a second hand one.

If they are doing a better price than the one offered in the group buy, then why would I have to get a 2nd hand one? As you said, they will do a better price.

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
If they are doing a better price than the one offered in the group buy, then why would I have to get a 2nd hand one? As you said, they will do a better price.
That's not what I said, and I quote:
"Holdcroft Honda WAS the eBay seller doing crazy offers on eBay... Same company we're using for our group buy. I've been in close contact with them for the past three weeks, and it seems VERY UNLIKELY they will be doing a better price than the one offered on the group buy, so seems like you'll have to buy a second hand one."

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here. What I'm saying is I've been in contact with both Cox and Holdcroft (major Honda parts suppliers) and Cox wasn't even interested in a Group Buy. Holdcroft was keen on it, and they gave us the best price they could give (even offered a voucher as an extra), but obviuosly it is nothing like a "50% off DFS sale". Apparently there are not many GP splitters around, and the few ones available from the major suppliers are selling quite well at the moment, without any need for discounts or promotions.
Once again, I'm not saying you won't find a GP splitter for a price that suits you (and I genuinely wish you good luck on that), I'm just saying it is very unlikely. And if you go for this splitter shown by my "ex-twin" Gaz, let us know how it is. I am quite interested in putting some more carbon on my Type R, but their carbon weave looks quite "erratic" in the pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts