2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to trade in my 2007 Civic for a honda civic 1.8 i-vtec ex 2012 auto, needs to be auto for my wife.

What spec do I get on this, is it standad across the whole ex range for the year.

Salesman says DAB radio and front and rear sensors but I couldnt see any on the bumpers

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a 1.6D EX 2013MY (9G) and it has front & rear parking sensors and the reverse camera. I thought ex was same across all models but I am sure someone with more experience than me can answer properly.
Is it a 8G or 9G shape?

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
If it's a 2012my then it won't have DAB.

It will also have the locked down iMid, unless you are stationary with the handbrake on.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 1.6D EX 2013MY (9G) and it has front & rear parking sensors and the reverse camera. I thought ex was same across all models but I am sure someone with more experience than me can answer properly.
Is it a 8G or 9G shape?
its a 9g, the salesman said DAB radio too,

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
DAB was only introduced with the my2013, as was the iMid fix.

Get the salesman to show you DAB if it's a my2012. If he says it's a simple upgrade then if you call £600 including headlining out to fit a DAB compatible aerial.

I think the 2012 models have CU in the Vin No and 2013 models have DU, sounds like it's worth checking.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Get the salesman to show you DAB if it's a my2012. If he says it's a simple upgrade then if you call £600 including headlining out to fit a DAB compatible aerial.

I think the 2012 models have CU in the Vin No and 2013 models have DU, sounds like it's worth checking.
good advice bud, doubted it too but its not a deal breaker I dont think

·
Premium Member
93 Posts

What is involved in upgrading. Is it just the antenna or are there some other control boxes and sections of loom which need to be replaced?

I have a doner 2014 car which I could take the parts from if I knew which parts need to be swapped across.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts