2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As title describes, I am in pursue of buying a 9th gen Civic tourer and need some help :) I owned Honda Accord 8th gen before without any real issues for ~5 years and now looking to try out slightly smaller model. I hear that Civics are as reliable as Accords were, so my question is - what should I take into account when buying one and what are the major issues?

I am looking for 1.8 petrol and AT with TV in the middle :) So far there are 2 options as of now (can't post links yet...). Both have plenty of extras:
One has interesting two beam lights in front - is that bi-xenon? Is it optional?
The other one has leather seats - anyone has experience if it is worth the extra?

Is the automatic transmission already a CVT in 2014/2015 models? How do you differ?

Thanks !

Simonas

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a facelift tourer with leather and has so far been very good, cleans up well and the seats themselves are very comfortable.

Leather was a must for me as with dogs the seats dont get hairs stuck in them. The carpets though do :smile3:

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I specifically sought out a facelift "SR" model tourer as this i think is the best spec as standard (heated leather etc) and there are lots of these to choose from. Only thing it misses is xenons which came as standard on "EX plus" model, but those are very rare/expensive and i specifically *didn't* want keyless ignition which that model has.

Leather is good quality - my 2015 car has 118k miles on and the interior still looks great. Facelift cars have better lights /DRLs and some improvements also to suspension i believe.

Hope that helps? mines a diesel manual so sorry can't answer the other questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts