2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads I’m looking to fit a amp and sub to my stock stereo on my Honda Civic mk8 2009. The question is does the stock stereo take an amp? Or will I have to upgrade? Means sorting that big piece of dash out tho.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
There are a couple different types of stereo I believe (Nav and non Nav versions) but they don’t have RCA out to connect an aftermarket amp. But if you buy an amp with high level input you can keep the stock HU and just take a speaker feed to the amp from your rear speakers by splicing

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Just bare in mind that you won’t have the same quality that RCA and a proper HU with sub controls etc. Will still sound better than stock. Added benefit of high level inputs on amps of that they often don’t the need any separate remote wires to turn the amp on with the engine. That being said it’s real easy to pick up a remote 12v from the cigarette lighter when routing the power to the boot

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just get an RCA converter which splices into the speaker wires, only a few pounds on ebay etc. Like others have said, won’t be the greatest using the stock HU but will give you the much needed bass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts