2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to another thread of mine where the passenger side power fold mirror had ceased to fold and I fitted a brand new mirror assembly thinking it was the motor, It wasn't, I've now traced the fault to a missing voltage to the motor feed. Both sides have a red wire and a blue wire feeding into the motor and the switch when operated simply reverses the polarity however the blue wire on the passenger mirror has no 12v feed and no continuity between it and the operating switch, as finding the break in the loom would be very difficult I'm thinking of running a seperate feed from the drivers side to the passenger side, tried a quick trial today and the mirror folds ok. Is it advisable to put an in line fuse in the new wire and what ampage? (getting through the drivers door loom trunking will be a problem as well, any thoughts guys)?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
870 Posts
It’s rare for a wire to break in a loom, it’s more likely at a connector, trace the fault and repair the issue don’t bodge it with additional wires you will only regret it in the future

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree Steve and I checked the passenger side connector where it comes through at the footwell and it's ok up to that point where it goes from there behind the dashboard is the tricky part It's a mass of wires and connectors in the drivers footwell also the bonnet/petrol cap release is in the way to check around there, It has failed gradually rather than all at once as the fold went slower and slower and only moved ultimately with the engine running then stopped completely which is where I'm at now (I suppose that does point to an arcing connector) May need an auto electrician ultimately!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts