2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More an irritation than anything else...

MP3 CD's, track names and titles seem to take a million years (approximately) to load and display. By the time they pop up I've arrived where I'm going!

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts

MP3 CD's, track names and titles seem to take a million years (approximately) to load and display. By the time they pop up I've arrived where I'm going!
and you a copper - Don't drive so fast[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
423 Posts

You need to work further away then!! :D

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
put less tracks on the CD :)

seriously - for some reason it seems to read the entire CD before it starts playing :(

If you put less than about 4 CDs onto 1 as MP3s, it loads a fair bit quicker :)

which does slightly defeat the object of the game, but then its not often I do a journey that takes more than 4 CDs of music to complete :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
An example for an EX.

Disc has 160 tracks split into 9 folders, all 128Kb MP3.

Time to play = 20 secs. Folder/track info displays on clock lcd plus tag info on satnav lcd.

Time to full satnav display = 3 mins.

·
Registered
147 Posts

I had the same problem. Moreover It was very often that CD player denied to play MP3 tracks and an loading error was displayed. That is why I play WMA tracks. It takes 8-10 seconds to load and display and no errors any longer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I put approx 10 cds on at once, in varying number of folders, takes about 10secs from putting cd in, to 1st track being played. I wonder why it is so variable, cd brand maybe? Folder structure? Sometimes i drag folders off the hard drive that include jpegs for cd cover and playlists, (supported by my mp3 player), and i have noticed it takes a bit longer then, filtering out the "bad" files it can't read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts